Get some integrity

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-10 AT 09:26AM (MST)[p]I read some of your posts on the hunting situation there. I lived in Utah for 7 years. I hunted southern and central units and took a deer every year. But one year I was busy and wanted a big deer so I hired a guide for Spring Creek CWMU. He spent part of his time when he should have been guiding me doing his biologist work on Sage Hens. Then, when I ended up with a 3 point he photo-edited it into a 4- point and put it on his guide gallery. I called and made him take it down. Now he is a staff member on Utah CWMU program. I hope he has learned some ethics. Because the next year I drew out on that CWMU and they gave me crappy areas to hunt so they could keep the best for their maoney paying clients.
Maybe Utah needs less greed and more honesty. I know of many religious type cheating poachers too. And no respect when they were hunting on ATV's and motorcycles chasing the game off trails. I'm sure this happens here in Idaho some too but i haven't had to witness it yet in the 5 years I have been here.

you need to say who this was.and how you were teated to the utah big game board. if no reply. let'us know....

Thats wrong on a lot of different levels... Post it up so nobody else uses him, lieing to clients before they are clients... And after.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

are there any board members on here. if so what gives? what are you willing to do. to stop this kind of treament of the reg sportsmen.........

He photoshopped your 3 point into a 4 point? That is pretty funny stuff. It will be interesting to hear his side of this story.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-10 AT 09:34PM (MST)[p]Yeah, it sure will. My ex-wife and stepkids are all witnesses so I have no worries there. Also there is a couple guys from the Weapons Depot I showed the website -altered pic to.
I believe the operators name of the Spring Creek/DodgeCWMU at the time was a guy named Jeff.
I finally got tired of it all when I read the proposal of selling a tag from each unit to bid to help out the deer conservation! Go ahead Utah- make it a Doyle Moss and other big named guides takes every rich guy out for a big buck and the rest of you can shoot a 2- point if you are lucky.
When I saw how the CWMU screwed many people over I realized it's all for the rich. I'm sure some of them are better than others but I should have stepped up a long tome ago.
I don't strike out in anger, I never have. But you guys need to see where the road is slowly heading to before you lose it .
DM

The sad part is you draw a CWMU tag and "THEY" get to tell you can't hunt part of it because they are saving it for a higher paying hunter, What the hell are they even letting hunters draw a tag if they don't get to hunt the WHOLE CWMU,That rule needs to be changed if parts of it is off limits to you it should be out-limits for everyone,Drawing hunter should be able to hunt the same area's as those they sell the big money tags to, No saving a favorite spot for the hunter who pays the most.
The bad thing is the ones that should be watching and correcting it are the ones doing it.

This last year winter hit that area pretty hard if they get another hard winter it will really suck.
So was it a normal winter last year? I'm no Bio But I would have to say Hell No.
Tell me again how all those dead deer are just another normal winter in SJ.
What happens if they cut tags to a region like SE does the CWMU'S cut tags too or do they just keep on killing the deer herds you are trying to build back up.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

CWMU should be the first tags they cut along with the 2 months they get to hunt. Me I wish they would shut the SE corner down for a couple of years and that MEANS all Hunting CWMU and Public hunting and let the herds re-build. People have to be willing to do it this way to get a fast fix or let it drag on for 8-10 years as they cut tags and cut more tags But the problem is the deer the Public hunter is letting live gets shot on a CWMU so how does that help re-buid the herd. If they close it down for all and then re-build the herd no-one is handed the short end of the stick.
Anyone see 20-40 bucks a day?

Amen Gator. that's exactly straight talkin' there. They let you draw a tag then say don't go here or there. B.S. isn't it?

Sounds like a lot of typical utard outfitters bull chit. Trespass on Tuesday, wound on Wednesday, Photoshop on saturday...Church on Sunday.

Nothing backs up a defamation claim against a well known MM member/guide quite like using your "EX WIFE" to back up the said claim.
We all know EX wives are the best witnesses..... I just got off the BTO website and there is more than one 3 point on Todd's website.

Also my Son and two guys who worked with me. It's ok you can say what you want. Sorry to have made you feel badly. I think it's time to hunt and do all things outdoors the right way.
That's all I'm saying.

So "You ended up with a three point"?

If you didn't want the buck why did you shoot it??
Did Todd MAKE you shoot the buck??

I've known Todd for a few years and have a really hard time swallowing this story.

Wiley,
I am nominating that for post of the
century on Monster Muleys!

Your are spot on.

Hold on I gotta get my popcorn and a comfy seat...this will get real good when Todd jumps in!
Traditional only >>>------->

I wish Todd would jump in about the winter kill that the SE part of the state didn't have. Those deer are just hiding I guess. LOL

" Ok we are dropping the subject "
What could he have said or donr for you to turn you that quickly? You don't start something and not put it to rest properly. So let's here it what was his response to your allegations?

Do I use 8 points next year to draw spring creek or not? Will I be able to hunt any good areas within the ranch?
Can you get me a discount on a guided hunt now that you have talked to Todd?

This smells

What do you think? Maybe the other friends from the board.
Good luck on Spring Creek. Call the operator of the unit and ask him what dates and areas and if some areas be off-limits.
You can PM me if you want and I will let you call me.

me too i would also like to see the todd chim in and say something lol or is he to busy chasing off youth hunters off school trust lands lol

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom