Gettin' Ready

Q

Quail_Runner

Well, it has been awhile since I last visited the boards here. I have just two long days before my hunt begins in Unit 35B. I want to thank the many who have given advice and even sent private e-mails. Sorry I didn't get back to some of you - my time has been robbed from me the past couple of months.

We have a small "war" party assembled for this weekend, have a couple of spots picked out, and have most of our rifles sighted in (my buddy has failed to sight his in yet :-( ). I picked out a good load for my gun, and feel confident shooting out to 300 yards - I had to get "real" and admit to myself that even with shooting sticks, I can't be trusted beyond 350. I am hand loaded my bullets - .270, 110gr Hornady HP, 53.0 grains of Varget. I can't wait....

OH, I almost forgot one thing - My hunting partner calls me up the day after Thanksgiving and informs me that he will be road hunting. "Road Hunting?, what are you talking you about?" "Well, you see, I was wrestling with my kids, and my daughter jumped on my leg and 'SNAP'"... What luck x(

Well, to add injury to,.. well, injury, I have at least 'strained' my rotator cuff or possibly torn the sucker. So I can't raise my right hand above my head, and reaching out in front of me is not pleasant. What a treat :) I guess, you have to look at the positive in each situation... I'm still looking...

Anyhow, if you wander down south this Saturday and see a couple of yahoos driving the roads, that get out and gimp around the "flat parts", be sure to say 'hi' so I can put a name to a face.

Good luck to all with a "December" tag.

Good luck to you!

Keep us updated, and post some pictures of that buck when you collect him.

Darren

QuailRunner, I too am excited. I drew a unit 22 tag for December. I refuse to shoot anything less than 90 B & C points, even if that means coming home empty handed.

Eric: Those flats hold big bucks, so keep your eyes open, and I hope you and your "Road hunting buddy" both kill good ones. Happy, I hope 22 is kind to you and you get one bigger than 90. Best of luck to everyone with the december tags....... Allen Taylor......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom