Gila Elk Hunt 2010

passthrough

It seemed like it would never get here but it has come and gone in a bat of an eye. This was the BEST public land elk hunt I have ever been on. It was my first Gila tag and I wanted to make the best of it. My buddy HC and Omar drew as well so we had 3 slammer tags to fill. The elk were hot, screaming all night and into mid morning, then slowing down and starting up again about 4pm. It has H O T! So the water holes we had scouted were as good as gold.

1855gila_elk_2010_002b.jpg

4353gila_elk_2010_003b.jpg

The first three days passed quickly, I passed 7 bulls including some in the 290-300 class. The first night I missed a smoker 360 bull, I miss judged the yardage and shot under him. Finally on the 5th evening I got mine.

3688gila_elk_2010_006b.jpg

4259gila_elk_2010_014b.jpg

6547gila_elk_2010_018b.jpg

The next night I got to watch Omar smoke his bull as he came to water at 30 yards.

2646gila_elk_2010_053b.jpg

120gila_elk_2010_056b.jpg

2244gila_elk_2010_058b.jpg

Finally on the last morning HC, got his. He passed more bulls than either of us, the big guys just never came in for him.

398gila_elk_2010_068b.jpg

8065gila_elk_2010_072b.jpg

9386gila_elk_2010_086b.jpg

The elk were just icing on the cake, getting to spend time with friends and family was great. I want the thank our understanding wives and employers, this hunt would not have been possible without them. I really hope we can draw this hunt again sometime. Thanks to all that gave us info for the hunt as well.

Good job guys!!! I am going tobe there in 15 with my smokepole in about 3 weeks. Hope the are still talking.

Can't ask for more in a hunt...good friends...good times...not to mention 3 full freezers! Good job and congratulations!

Great Bulls and good pictures.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom