girls wrestling in high school

B

bosoxfan

I went to a wrestling tourney this past weekend in Panguitch. I seen one girl that was wrestling for sure. The jury is still out on whether or not a couple others were. It was difficult to tell with a couple of them. I told my boy if he had to "wrestle" with one of them to forfeit at the table because no matter the out come of the match he will lose. Luckily he did not have to to corss that bridge, yet. Was I wrong? Should girls be limited to wrestle in jello and mud?

I saw a couple at some meets last year. My boys didn't have to wrestle them either. Nothing against the girls or their abilities, but they should not be allowed to wrestle unless they are matched with other girls. It's really a bad deal for the boys they have to wrestle.

There was a girl a couple years ago that wrestled for Juan Diego or some some small school. She would wrestle in the State Tournament every year and she was pretty dang good.
Not good very good looking though. I am not being rude but I wouldn't put her in the "honeymooner" if you know what I mean!!!!

Tell your boy to get over it and wrestle her like he would any other boy. It's not like the girls expect to be treated any differently when they enter a sport like that. They know what they're getting into. My girlfriend's daughter from Altamont is a tough little wrestler, just like her mom was before her (though not in high school...we were the managers). She's very cute, too and a cheerleader as well as a wrestler. Her dad also wrestled and the girl's got technique and is a great little wrestler. I don't have a problem with it and when my boys wrestle girls I tell them "kick her a@@!". lol

That's the thing TK, they're NOT any other boy. I never had to wrestle a girl in HS, but would have forefited. There are moves and positions that I felt were not appropriate to do to a girl in that situation. Maybe that's just me, but I would not have felt good about physically beating up a girl either. They are physically different, why is that so wrong?

Why do some parents try and make their little girls be a boy?

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

I seen a little gal from altamount in Panguitch and there was doubt that she was a good wrestler. I am assuming we are referring to the same one. I seen her pin one kid from a great wrestling school and make another one cry. I was thankful that my boy wasn't wrestling 103 or he may have went home with his tail between his legs.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-10 AT 05:36PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-10 AT 05:35?PM (MST)

You guys need to step into the future. Your state will be playing catchup soon if you don't have girls wrestling. Some college have to have a Women team now if the want a mens team TITLE 6 I think it called.
We have alot of Girl Wrestlers out here(Calif), it not a big thing here for a girl to beat a boy now it happens every tournament it happen mostly in the lower weights.
Girl need to be able to defend themselves on the ground because that is where they will ended up if someone decide to attack them, Yes my daughter wrestled and won against boys right up until a coach told her she had to cut her hair to keep wrestling. Have you seen the USA Women World Team
Here is a website click on FORUM then tab down to girls wrestling
www.Thecaliforniawrestler.com

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Chris,
There was a girl from either Vernal or Union High school that placed 2nd in state 2 years ago. She has a college scholarship and has wrestled with the USA women wrestling team. Utah is starting to produce some good female wrestlers.
If the girl is a good wrestler, nothing to hang his head about is she beats him. If he beats her, she knew what she was getting into.
That being said, I don't think I would have wrestled a girl in high school. Of course, I wrestled 189 and heavyweight!

Personally I'd be more disappointed in my son if chose to wrestle with a stinky, sweaty, pimple faced boy rather than a girl. But hey, that's just me. :)

if your a girl it has got to be pro,mud,jello or pudding but i am old fashioned.

385924548.jpg

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Michaela Hutchison became the first girl in the nation to win a state high school wrestling title while competing against boys.

Hutchison won the final of the 103-pound weight class during Alaska's big school wrestling championships. The Skyview High sophomore entered the state tournament ranked No. 1 in her weight class.

Amid chants of "C'mon Michaela" and "Girl Power," Hutchison earned a 1-0 victory Saturday over Colony High School's Aaron Boss.

She scored an escape with 16 seconds left to beat Boss for the second time in as many weeks. Family and friends mobbed Hutchison as she walked away from the mat with a bloody nose, while the crowd rose in a standing ovation.

"They were helping me," Hutchison told the Anchorage Daily News.

She finished the season with a 45-4 record that included 33 pins, one shy of the state single-season record. Hutchison is the third in her family of 10 children to win a state title, joining brothers Zeb and Eli.

Hutchison has dreamed about beating the boys ever since she started working out at Skyview High as a seventh grader. She came close last year, losing in the 103-pound final.

Other boys who have wrestled against her said it wasn't a big deal to lose to a girl who is extremely talented and tough. Kodiak's Tucker VanMatre said Hutchinson pinned him in 47 seconds at the region championships two weeks ago.

"It was quick," VanMatre said. "She got me in an arm bar and turned me [over]."

"I expected it. She's good," VanMatre added.

Kent Bailo, director of the U.S. Girls Wresting Association, believes Hutchison's victory will help girls wrestling become a varsity sport. He estimates 4,000 to 5,000 girls wrestle in high schools nationwide. Only Hawaii and Texas offer it as a girls sport.

"I think coaches would want girls to have their own varsity sport," Bailo said. "Their boys would be so embarrassed if a girl won state. The coaches don't want girls taking away their medals."

Last year, 17 girls nationwide qualified for high school state championships that included boys. One of them, Deanna Rix of Maine, finished second at 130 pounds. Michaela's sister, Melina, placed third at state six years ago.

Now Hutchison is in a class by herself.

"I don't care about [the significance] right now," she said. "I was excited to get done with the season. I'm been waiting for this for a while."

Hutchison is the third in her family of 10 children to win a state title, joining brothers Zeb and Eli.

Skyview coach Neldon Gardner said Hutchison's victory was one of the highlights of his coaching career.

"After 23 years of coaching you remember a lot of things. I'll never forget this one," he said. "I can't think of anybody more deserving than Michaela. She works as hard as any boy I've ever had."

I think its a loose loose situation for a dude. He feels bad if he looses and still feels bad if he wins. It would be mortifying if he were to get aroused in those skimpy shorts after wrestling with a chick. lol

However I also think your a puzzy if you forfeit the match. It means your a quitter. It means you actually thought you might loose to a girl. If a girl wants to compete with the boys then letter her.

I like wrestling with women especially in jello!

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

The harder you work the luckier you will get!!

Those girls could have easily quit but they didn't. I have more respect for them than some kid that forfeits.

Um...dudes are wrestling chicks in high school, since when?? Doesn't every other sport in the world separate the two sexes?? And before someone says it, cheerleading is not a sport...those dudes are just gay!!

~Z~

There was this Chick back in High School that really wanted to wrestle with me!

Man was I ever skeared of it back then!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Funny this came up and ++++1 to TTK. I am a wrestling coach and just this past weekend we had a 6 team duals and one school had a girl. She is very good and at 112lbs and a Junior. I told my kid to wrestle her just like anybody else and not to hold back. He did just that and kicked her tail, it made no difference to him. She was out to beat him just as bad. These girls are very competitive. The toughest for boys wrestling them is that they are very flexible so pinning them is very difficult. They can roll right out of a cradle. Stacking them is about the best pinning situation. I watched a couple of matches she won and the boys she beat couldn't or wouldn't stay up with her.

GBA

My son was undefeated and had to wrestle a girl from another school. He came up to me and asked me if he should take it easy on her?? I said do what you would do if your wrestling a guy if she wants to wrestle guy's then she is fair game. He picked her up and slammed her on the mat and pinned her. He helped her up looked at me in the stands and I gave him the thumbs up. I am 100% against girls wrestling on the boy's teams. They need to have their own teams. I understand there is always an exception but the vast majority of girls I have seen wrestle lose fast. It puts the boy's in a very unfair situation.

I'm reffing a tournament today, Will let ya know how well the girls that are in do. LOL

It more about Money(the lawsuits that will come) then some dumb kid being a d!ck.
A butt drag is use everyday in the world of wrestling from high school to the Olympic, Someone use it wrong and that makes it a bad thing, But during regular match with Referee's that wouldn't happen with out the ref seeing it and calling it as unsportsman.
It will change all sports as we know it if the lawsuits win you can bet on that.

I was thinking about that same story caelkhunter.

Imagine the same story but one of the wrestlers is a girl ?

Not even in the Basin were we taught a BUTT Drag!

Sick Bastards!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom