Glacier National Park

R

Razaboo

My family and I are going to Glacier next weekend, and we want to make sure we see everything. If any of you have been there or live near there we would appreciate some ideas. We will be camping at the Fish Lake Campground and exploring from there.

Thanks in advance.

Stan

Mtmuley,

We will be staying for three days from the 30th of July to the 2nd of August.

Stan

Dont know how crazy you want to get with hiking. Do you mean Fish Creek?
Definitely go up the Going to the Sun Highway, up to Logan Pass, and run on up to Hidden Lake, then go down the east side and over to the Many Glacier Hotel and check that out. That will make for one long day. If that is too much, pay for a ride in one of the old Jammers so you can look and pics and not worry about driving.
Hike into Avalanche Lake, that is pretty easy, but very nice up there.

Maybe save a day go over to Many Glacier and hike up to Grinnel Glacier, its rapidly disappearing.

Or hike into one of the Chalets.

I just looked at the dates again, you are probably already gone.

Drahthaar,

We won't leave until this Wednesday. Yes I meant Fish Creek. Thanks for the ideas. Do you know of any fishing that we could do that is close to the campground? We intend to stay at Fish Creek for the entire time. We will take the Going to the Sun Drive are there any others? Whats the deal with the Chalets?

Thanks again for the info.

Stan

Drathaar,

The trip was a great success. The kids all had a great time and we saw plenty of beautiful country. the only sad part as far as I was concerned was that I didn't get to see a grizzly bear, maybe next time. I will try to post some pics when we get them developed.

Stan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom