Glad I didn't get drawn for elk?

A

AZbomb

This is got to be a first for me. I am actually glad I didn't get drawn for elk this year. But, I've got WY mule deer/antelope in Oct, NM mule deer in Nov, and AZ whitetail in Dec. The WY hunt was a gimme, but the NM draw is around a 25% draw, and the AZ Dec whitetail hunt is I think around 10% (it's almost the ultimate hunt I think). So this was all the right things having to occur for this to happen.
So another season to hunt would just about have required me to quit my job. OK, so maybe this is a little braggin', but seriously I would'a had problems. Luckily, they are spread almost perfectly apart so I can go home and pretend to be a husband once in a while, too.

Has anyone got just too many hunts this year?

Sounds kind of like an oxymoron to me to many hunts??? I don't know if there's such a thing. For me, I don't think it could happen. I also have full plate this year. Both my boys drew Bull Elk tags and Late Whitetail tags. I drew the house rock buffalo tag. I can't complain its gonna be agreat year. Good Luck on your hunts.

Good luck, be safe, enjoy and get a couple big ones! I too have 4 states to hunt in with my drawn tags. Way excited!

AZbomb

Would have been nice to get drawn elk in my home state of AZ, however, after a hunt in Aregentina last month, a Turkey hunt in Mexico in April, a AZ rifle hunt in 34 b this year and a White tail hunt in Missouri in Nov. I too am running out of time off! So probably better to just get the points this year.

Which NM Deer hunt did you get? I hunted the Unit 27 last year and may have some tips!

Congrats, must be the luck of the Irish

Nofear4

AZbomb, Are you using a guide ? If so please do not use an outfitter that is associated with USO outfitters. Good luck in your harvest.

No, I have no plans to use a guide. Not only would I not use one associated with USO, I have a recurring fantasy about USO. I have seen their vehicles up where I hunt elk. I hope to come up on their vehicle on the side of the road, broken down, with them sadly looking for help. I give their client a ride into town, and the USO dude is left with the vehicle.

BTW, the NM hunt is in unit 2B.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom