Glassing Question

R

rnhunter

I have a problem glassing in cold or windy weather. The problem being that my eyes tear up terribly when it is very cold or any kind of breeze is at my face. I spend more time trying to keep my eyes clear than I do glassing for game. Does anyone else have this problem? I know it sounds like a stupid question but I want to know if you guys have any ideas, besides staying home. I bought some high-end glass to look through and that helps but the problem remains, you cant see much when your eyes are full of moisture. rnhunter

I sometimes put an extra shirt over my head and glasses to keep the sun from coming in sideways. This also helps keep my eyes from tearing in realy cold weather.

So the image I get is kind of like the old fasioned photographers with their head under the cloth while they take the picture. Is that the general idea, a windbreak and or shelter for your eyes? Sounds intereasting, any other ideas out there? Thanks for the input guys

That's about the size of it... I also use my gloved hands to cup the glass on the sides to keep out light, steady the glass and keep the cold wind out. And, my Ziess binos have foldable eye cups.
Stop Global Whining

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom