Glorify Poaching?

ihuntelk

I hope I'm not the only one who finds it completely ridiculous that The Sportsman Channel is highlighting on their website the very same hunt that Bob Beck of Extreme Outer Limits was convicted of poaching a whitetail in Idaho without a tag?

http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/programming/descriptions/description.php?ID=434
Is the link to the Sportsman Channel with the show "Snowy Whitetail Hunt".

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/mar/22/landers-catching-up-before-big-action-begins/
Is the link to one of the news outlets that carried the poaching story.

Unexcusable in my book on both of them.............

I found out how big a jerk Beck is when I emailed him about the Idaho poaching and long range BS. His basic comment was that he had to feed himself and the wife and he'd do whatever he had to to get it done. I guess that includes poaching if he can film it and make a buck or two!

This type of behavior will ruin hunting. There have been too many TV hunting show personalities being charged with poaching violations. You would think they would live up to a higher standard but that does not appear to be the case.

Verticalslope---This is exactly what happens when a noble sport is turned into a huge money making industry like hunting has become. Money, IMHO, brings out the worst in many people, and they will do whatever it takes to make it! Thus the garbage we are now facing that isn't helping us one bit, but instead is having a huge negative affect on the honest, law abiding citizen.

TOPGUN I agree completely. I my dad served in the armed forces and when I was a child he was stationed in Germany. I asked him why he never hunted there and he said only the wealthy can hunt in Germany. He has lost his desire to hunt and has always claimed that wealth will ruin hunting for the "average joe". It appears he was correct as this is the road more traveled as of late.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-12 AT 08:13AM (MST)[p]My Dad, who just died last 9/11, was in Germany and the rest of the European theater during WWII and told me the same thing. It is gradually happening here right now and IMO will eventually be that way in the US the way costs are going up, places are being leased to the highest bidder, etc.

Not only is it the fact that costs are rising and leases are going to the highest bidder, but the amount of public land is constantly dwindling and that will affect us more than anything. Especially when the best pieces of public land become landlocked by the private land owners.

Yes, and everyone who watches and supports these shows, just helps support the demise of our sport. I'm just as guilty as anyone, I use to watch these channels all the time, but I'm slowly weaning my self from them. I started to realize in order for these people to make these shows they need to have places they can go, which ultimately results in the loss of more and more land for the average Joe. Afterall, I would rather hunt my self than watch some self proclaimed professional hunt.

I was also guilty of that until a couple years ago when the light up above came on. Now about all I watch is the two shows that Jim Shoceky does on the Outdoor Channel and the OYOA show that Randy does on the sportsman Channel. The rest of the time is sports or reading or on the computer.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-12 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]I remember reading about this poaching case several months ago. Last night I was applying some outserts, spinning a dozen arrows and thinking about my upcoming Idaho deer hunt. For some reason this clown poaching in Idaho came to mind so I went to their website to see if his show had been kicked off yet - PLEASE!
I was shocked to see the very episode he was busted for as one of the highlights. I did notice that all his other episodes were older or high fence - hopefully a sign that he lost his license in the compact States.
I had to laugh at the thought of him strictly hunting texas now. What could be worse than long-range banging behind a high-fence? Sheesh.......................

Either he didn't lose his license in the compact states or his wife is doing all the shooting on the 2012 shows, as the Fall 2012 listing shows all were filmed in western states, 2 of which may be high fence in Texas, and Alaska! I see the site is also telling everyone to stayed tuned later this year for his 1 mile shot. If that doesn't tell you the guy is no hunter, I don't know what does!

SFW has it's name all over the SLC Expo every year, and is the biggest market poaching org in the country.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

>>He'll be able to ply his style in the West only on private canned hunt ranches, where he won't have to bother with silly state hunting laws that protect public resources.<<

The article stated the above, but it isn't quite true. In fact, he won't be able to hunt even the high-fence operations in some states, including those in Texas.

Why?

Because Texas says you MUST have a license, even to hunt exotics, and that is both on public and private land. So with Beck's hunting privileges gone and with the Wildlife Compact, he cannot buy a license there -- at least legally

Now, there may be states in the country where hunting behind a high fence on private land doesn't require a license, but I'm not up to snuff on which ones those would be.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Okay, I see now that he just entered the plea in February, so those shows that are on this season would have been filmed before the court case and plea. That should mean that he will have to fill in next year with old shows, ones he did before the court case, or let his pretty little wife do all the shooting for a while. I wonder if that happens if he will tell people why he isn't doing any of the long banging himself!

I notice that Christensen Outdoors has totally removed anything and everything to do with former employee John Mogle after he was caught killing a deer on a property he wasn't supposed to be hunting on.His infraction not only cost him his reputation,it cost him his livelihood as well.I don't understand why you would jeopardize a job like that.He was living the dream,and greed won him over.Sad.The trophy above all else mentality in hunting needs to stop.Kudos to Christensen Outdoors.

>>>He'll be able to ply his style in the West only on private canned hunt ranches, where he won't have to bother with silly state hunting laws that protect public resources.<<
>
>The article stated the above, but
>it isn't quite true. In
>fact, he won't be able
>to hunt even the high-fence
>operations in some states, including
>those in Texas.
>
>Why?
>
>Because Texas says you MUST have
>a license, even to hunt