GMU 16D "what to expect?"

NMBugleJunky

I am a resident of NM and drew the second archery hunt in GMU 16D. I am getting very excited with everyday that passes. Along with the excitement and preparation comes a decision to be made.... What is a shooter and what should be passed up on??? During my 1st scouting trip, I did see a bull that I field judge to be around 350". I am a "trophy hunter" at heart and am not afraid to go home with nothing. Although, I don't want to make the mistake of passing on a bull like the one I saw, that I thought was not a shooter, and come to find out, I shoot have NOT passed on him. So question is: What size of bulls should I expect to see, and what should be and not be passed up???
Thank You in advance!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom