GMU 61 trip

Riggo

My wife give the go ahead for a short week scouting trip for 61.I'll be able to leave late on the 15th. Didn't draw a mz tag this year w/ 15 pts hope to next year if the pt creep doesn't happen. Going green-- hopefully the 1800 miles is well worth the trip--gotta be--CO late September, rut happenin is enough. General info is my hope. Got maps, talked with a few folks, bioligists, etc but intrested in thoughts about north or south part of unit, oak brush or high as i can go, key on water or call. Thought that i'd go during the mz season to kinda see what to expect while always trying to stay out of all others way. May even be willing to change over to the bow after what i find, considering the 5 year stucture plan is coming. I'm ready to do something w/ these elk pref pts, getting old. Other advice may be for places to get a shower, interesting landmarks, a good watering hole,places not to overlook--again i'm green to the area. THANKS in advance for any and all thoughts

Doug I'll be leaving the 10th for 61 to elk hunt and I'll let you know what I find out about the area for your next year hunt.

I responded to your PM. Shower question. If you're in the area I sent you, there is a campground in Nautarita (misspelled) that has clean showers for $5.00. If your near the Divide road, Delta is closer and a much bigger town.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!

I scouted the unit for 5 days last year. plan to archery hunt unit 61 in 2010 or 2011. would be happy to share info with you. would send you PM but don't know how.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom