GMU 64-65

R

Rammu

Going there for 3rd season this year. Have been hunting GMU 54 the last couple years. Is 64-65 comparable? Any thoughts from you would help cure my curiousity. LEaving on the 30th to scout for a few days before the hunt.

I also would like to know about public land presure.I bought a voucher for these units,rammu i will be there on Nov. 1. PM me maybe trade info i know a few people from montrose.

Just got back from scouting the unit.Spent 3 days there and it was good stuff. There was about 8 inches of snow on the top and maybe 3 or 4 inches when we left. There were alot of deer still up high. We will be staying in Montrose. Ill send you a PM NUTSABOUT..

There is both alot of public and private. You can get away from roads very easily. Just head to the national forest line and you will be away from roads. Good luck

Cabinfever.. According to the map it soesnt appear to have that much more private than that of say GMU 54? We do have access to private but probably not unitl after the first couple days of hunting. Which is better 64 or 65 area? Ive been told that 65 would be a better bet?

I am from Montrose and I would have to say that Unit 65 is a much better unit. I am sure that Unit 64 has some monsters in it, but very few and far between. I have a 3rd season buck tag for Unit 64/65. I think it will be a good year. I have heard from a few friends that hunted 2nd season, and they saw a lot of deer and some really good bucks. Good luck and let us know how you did.

thanks for the info. We will be there late tonight. we staying at the Black canyon motel. I think its black canyon. Good luck to you.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom