GMU's 8,19 and 191 deer and elk ?

R

Rem308

I see that these units usually have laftover muzzleloader tags for cow elk . I have hunted the Cherokee Park area for deer several years ago and took some small bucks .
Has anyone hunted these units recently? Have any success ?I am thinking of the area west of Red Feather Lakes or the north side of RMNP for a muzzleloader hunt.

Generally it was a tough hunt for us last fall. But I love the area and will be putting down some boot leather this spring and summer.

I hunted 19 last season rifle. Seen lots of other hunters. Seen 1 doe after walking my butt off for 4 days. Driving down 14, i never seen so many people off the sides of the road glassing. There is usually pleanty of left over or otc stuff...some one correct me if I am wrong. A few years back the DOW was letting multiple licenses go, and was allowing hunters to take a FEW deer. This may have really trimmed the deer population.

From my understanding 19 is CWD ground zero and a couple years ago they took as many deer and elk out as possible to try and get rid of the problem. Now it is a little tuffer to hunt as been said. I have a couple buddies that hunt cherokee and haven't filled their buck tags the last two years there. I imagine if you get off the beaten path your luck will go up just like anywhere else though. Two years ago I was in Red Feather and saw a nice buck chasing a doe around in late November so I don't think that all the deer are gone and I know that there are some decent ones there.

I think from what I have heard ,I will be hunting further west,maybe 231 or 14. Every one I have talked to says the deer and elk are really down in 8,19,and 191.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom