Gobble GOBBLE

Bloodtrail

Ready to put some down again this year! Got a real nice one last year and bagged 2 strutter studs in one shot the year before with an old school Mongomery Ward single shot! Does anyone know if there are any turkeys in the Sandia's, never seen them before, but they got to be there wouldn't you think. Maybe just far and between?

Bloodtrail- I have seen some on the north side of the Sandia....Placita side and this was like 3 years ago while we were doing our Forestry lab. I was suprise to see them there as well. Had three toms and 8 hens in the flock. Dont know where they might be now. Good Luck

Thank you sir! I knew there had to be some. Just wanted to get out somewhere close and burn some gas after work, then I'll go back to my honey hole. Good luck out there to you too, cheers!

i have seen a couple in the Sandias. This was a few years ago though.

What do you think about in the Manzanos? Any running around in there?

Read page 48 very closely.

Unit 8 is not open to turkey hunting. They are in there, hopefully in the future it will be open.

They are there, Gobblin loud and clear already. Alot of the birds are inside the Isleta Rez. but there are pleny ouside of it too. I don't go there too often, but have recently. u'll usually find me and the birds in N. NM. Good luck!

505, I dont want to get one there, I am aware that it is not open YET, I just love finding and looking at them. Maybe work on my calling with out harrasment.

Hey 505 and BloodTrailer guy, i read that page 48 carefully and it says "BOWS ONLY IN SANDIA RANGER DISTRICT" and that ranger district strecthes from tijeras to placitas. If i have a sandia ranger district map and a bow during turkey season what law am i breaking other then the game and fish made a typo because it dont say nothing anywhere else about unit 8 other then BOW ONLY you heard me, just trying to stir the gobbler fever a bit... I hear QUEENS has birds.

Read the part where it lists the open units.

Let me know when you are going, I could use an extra $250 :)

Hey ToneAfterBONERS, It doesnt mention unit 8 cuz there is no turkey hunt in 8. The Sandia ranger district they are reffering to is the portion in unit 14.TOOL

I want to also point out that the Sandia Ranger District Bow Only zone is more than just the Sandias, it extends into unit 14 south of I-40 too. That's for all game hunting, so be sure you know where the boundaries are.

I too hope the turkey population continues to grow in the Sandias, but it's not particularly good habitat for them for the most part. If they ever open it to hunting they better make it draw or it'll get so hammered the bird numbers will not be able to handle it.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom