Gohunt.com VS.Huntinfool

bowhuntinnut

Who has either of these? Are they worth the money? I'm wanting a place to get good accurate stats and info on units to burn points in different states. Eastmans's stats are a joke in my opinion so looking for something better. any info on either one would be much appreciated. Or is there something better?

Thanks

Ultimately you are paying someone else to look through public big game records in every state and post their results, and throw in THEIR opinion. If you are not happy with Eastman's you will probably not be happy with any of the others. THEY ALL make mistakes, and ultimately what they publish tends to skew the odds.

I used to use HF thinking I would get a leg up on where to put in. Now I just do my own research and come up with my own opinions. You won't find any "honey holes" by subscribing to any of them!

Got A Friend that Reads,Studies & Believes everything HuntinFool Publishes as Gospel!

He Always tells me:"It says Right here"

Ya!:D:D:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

If you know how to analyze the data they provide, HF is a good source of info. Utilize talking to their people.
More often than not, I have seen that many hunters do not truly know what they want, or are unrealistic with what they can draw.

+1 NM

It's all in knowing what you want and what you're looking for. HF does put together a nice readable spreadsheet that cuts down on the time it takes to dig up the info that is available publicly anyway. Eastman's is OK too in that regard.

I personally don't need someone telling me to apply for the Henry's, San Juan, Region G, or Colorado 4th seasons.

I do find value in looking through the low and mid tier odds and trends though. But, I know precisely what I want to do with my points and what info I'm looking for. With that specificity I don't need the full Monte of info and can just pull the state data that I'm looking for, for free.

I haven't subscribed to HF or Eastman's for a couple years now, and haven't missed them.

How true your comment "unrealistic with what they can draw.". Example; how many non resident applicants with less than max points put in for 13A or 13B. I bet it would floor you the number of people who apply that don't realize that they will never draw unless they have max points.

Gohunt is to basic and generic in my opinion. the draw odds are good but that's about it.

I don't think the huntinfool is what it once was, but it's worth $100 if you're a serious traveling hunter. if nothing else it keeps you up to speed on the deadlines and changes.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

It depends. If you understand how each of the states draw systems work and have your hunting spots picked out the publications are probably not much use from year to year. If you are just getting into out of state hunting it is probably worth the cost of the fool to understand how the systems work. Eastmans is very generic with all units listed. The fool puts out their top recommendations which kill the draw odds of those units. . I am not a member of go hunt but initially signed a contract to write for them but decided against doing it. So I know Gohunt has detailed write ups on every unit. If you are expecting these services to show you a hidden gem to apply for that no one else will know you are sadly mistaken.

There are guys here on MM that have better knowledge of what is hot and what is not than what I have seen in the paid publications. Just my 2 cents.

Rich

GoHunt has new enhancements coming in January. They were head and shoulders ahead of the other two when it came to understanding draw systems. Their new enhancements including detailed draw odds for states like AZ and NM and criteria filters puts them in another league.

Wapati I saw at the expo what they were GOING to do. I hate buying things on the future, show me what you have now!

I considered GoHunt last year and found it to be fairly useless. But i'm interested in learning about their changes. Can you share what they have planned?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-15 AT 06:35PM (MST)[p]+1 on Trailhead as someone already said they're straight to the point no frills.
I personally like to read everyone's opinion and then use that as a starting point to do my own homework. It saves people a lot of time to use these companies.
A great deal of info can be found right here with some of the MM members. I know I've gotten great advice from my fellow MMer's. A few of these guys are some of the best hunters around bar none.

Good luck to you
Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom