Gonna be visitins AZ this weekend

WAstickslinger

Not sure how much info people are willing to share but I though it would be worth a shot. My wife and I are flying to Vegas on Wed. and then driving to visit my grandparents that snowbird in Bouse AZ. We will be in Bouse for 3 days and then driving back to vegas for a few more.

I am a die hard shed hunter and snoop around every chance I get. They have 4 wheelers down there and we will be taking quite a few long rides. My question is, what are the herds like near Bouse AZ? Any big bucks in that unit? Should I even be keeping my eye out for sheds there?
Also, any places between Bouse and Vegas that is public that is worth stopping for a 4-5 hour hike with the wife? I will likly never be back so you dont have to worry about me pounding your shed spot.

PS if your ever up in the Evergreen state look me up.

Thanks for any tips.

I live 20 miles from Bouse in Salome. There's not much shed hunting because the horns dry out so fast and decay. Besides the deer are few and far between. Butler Valley has some big bucks not many though. Check out the Plamosa mtns and you should find some big horn sheep wandering around.( there was a 180" ram killed there this year). They're used to people and you can get some nice pics of them. If you head between the Parker and Lake Havasu area along the Bill Williams river theirs some nice places to hike. Be sure to check out the Swansea mine it's an interesting little ghost town from the 1800's, not much is left but worth the trip. I hope this will help and enjoy your selves.

Thanks alot there mesquitehunter. I'll keep that in mind. Ya grandpa said he could take me to some big sheep but not many deer. Were excited just to see something different.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-09 AT 10:16AM (MST)[p]Geez, I have lived in AZ since 1961, and this is the first time I've even heard of Bouse. Must be a really sleepy little town. :eek:

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom