Good Antelope Buck?

Well that all depends on what type of antelope you were seeing and what you passed on. Over all, 74 1/2" is a nice buck. What unit were you hunting?

I was hunting a good unit that took max points to draw. I scouted for two days then hunted for one. I looked at well over 200 bucks. I think I shot one of the best bucks I saw. I'm just not sure because I rarely get to see an antelope since I live 1500 miles from the nearest one. I'm sure there are bigger ones in that unit. I was just curious if this is considered a mature representative buck.

Yes, I think most would agree that its a mature representative buck. Lets see a picture !

Congrats on the Antelope, I bet you are now hooked on hunting them!

For a unit that took max points, I would consider that an average buck, the above average bucks would be closer to 77 and the slugs would be greater than 80. Antelope are pretty tricky to judge, it is likely that you probably passed on bigger bucks without even knowing it. If you thought it was the best buck you saw, then you did great!

Yes, any mid 70's buck or better is a great trophy buck in Wyoming. Congrats on a fine mature representation of the species!

Any pictures? A buck that size or any size is worth showing. Lots of hunters go a lifetime shooting small bucks. But as long as your happy that is what
counts. Remember its the size of the hunt and not the size of the animal

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom