Good bulls on Manti?

WC

I drew the Manti late tag and I am excited as can be about it. I have done a little preseason scouting but I figured with all of the hunts going on on the mountains and the rut the bulls probably would not be where I found them in the summer. My tag starts November 12th and I will be driving down from Idaho about three or four days before the hunt and I will stay for the entire hunt. Have any of you guys been seeing any good caliber bulls during your hunts in the area? I will probably be camping in Fairview and hunting from there each day. Do any of you guys have any pointers for hunting the area on the late tag?

I appreciate any help/advice you can give me.
Thanks

Cory
A few family hunting photos.
http://www.muledeermadness.blogspot.com/

Get ahold of Utahbigbull on here. He knows that place pretty good i believe and I'm sure he would help ya out.

Here is one I got some pics of durring the muzzy deer hunt. He was a good bull everywhere except for weak backs but would pull the trigger on him in a heart beat. Seen one much bigger I didn't get pics of and both were within a few canyons of eachother fairly close to where you will be.

37962011_manti_hunt_008.jpg

2232011_manti_hunt_021.jpg

29212011_manti_hunt_030.jpg

Good luck, I hunted that manti late tag last year. It was a very hard cold hunt with a lot of snow! There will be big cow herds with small bulls.

Hunter99 sounds about right. I to had that tag last year, we hunted on sleds, 4 wheelers and horses saw alot of elk. Its alot of fun remember to enjoy it. There use to be some monsters up there now they are very few.

A good friend had the tag two years ago and hunted hard every day of the hunt without seeing a good bull. The day I went to help I am guessing I saw over 600 head of elk and not a single mature bull.
The big bulls are very reclusive that time of year and you have to go find them in tucked away places. We found the big boys will definitely not be hanging out with the cows. You should see lots of elk but finding a good bull is not easy.
That being said, it is always fun hunting elk and hopefully you will find a monster hide-e-hole!
The ironic thing is a few days after the hunt closed I saw a killer bull right down by the highway!
Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom