Good Camera for Digiscoping with Swaro DCA....Joel???

gdog

Just picked up a Swaro STS 65 and need to get setup to digiscope. I want to go with the DCA camera mount for simplicity and ease of throwing it in a pack.

Now I need to figure out what camera. I don't want to haul my D300, so I need a small point shoot with decent higher ISO performance (if there is such a thing in a PS). I think I read they recommend something with 3x zoom to get rid of the vingnetting.

Would prefer if it shoots raw.

Any ideas???

ive been using a cannon powershot SD the highest iso setting is 800. on my camera. but its a little out dated. the new ones go up to 1600 they say.
wes.

I have an 80 HD and I talked to the people at swarovski and they told me to get the canon Powershot A570IS and the adapter for it to hook up to the DCA. I have used it quite a bit and it seems to work quite well.

Gdog.....let me know what you found to work as I am in the same boat same spotter?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-09 AT 07:34PM (MST)[p]I think I'm going to go with a Lumix LX3 for digiscoping. It shoots raw..suppose to have decent low light/high ISO performance (for a pocket camera)and has decent wide angle lens.

Will use the Swaro DCA adapter. I think this is an easier setup then the DCB.

Going to pull the trigger on this shortly..

Great minds think alike. I agree with your choice of the LX3. The 2.0-2.8 aperature makes it a fantastic choice, not to mention the great Leica lens on the camera. Call me to discuss when you get a chance. Toll free # 1-866-9optics
Joel Paymer
Camera Land
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
212-753-5128
www.cameralandny.com

I bought an LX3 from Joel as a backup for my Canon DSLR. I mostly wanted the fast 24mm WA lens for shooting fishing pix in the boat and in-the-field hunting stuff. It works well and also does a good job for interior pix WITHOUT needing a flash.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom