good story

C

crow (Guest)

I heard a good one the other day and would like your opinion on it.
Two brothers were out hunting elk and one wounded a nice bull and they spend a couple hours looking for it. Finally they saw a bear and he was on a bull elk. they did not want to shoot the bear because it was a long way back in the wilderness. They tried to scare it off, but it would not leave. One brother says that we have to shoot it to get our elk. So they shoot the bear and he falls right between the horns. Now they approach the bear and the elk and lo and behold the elk is not there elk. It was a archery kill that someone else did not find from a week before. So what do you do?
crow

YOU MIGHT TAKE SOME ADVICE FROM HOUNDAWG ON THIS ONE

BUT THINK ABOUT IT!!!

DO BEARS EAT ELK STEAKS AS FRESH AS 2 HOURS OLD???

USUALLY NOT!!!

I'VE HEARD OF 150 LB. BEARS TAKING DOWN 700-800 LB. ANIMALS BUT NEVER SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES!!!

WHEN THE SMELL IS RIGHT THEY START HONING IN!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING NOW WE HAVE TWO WASTED ANIMALS ON THE GROUND!!!

Howdy,
Be glad yer not in Alaska. They have laws against this. I feel that shooting a Bear to defend "your ?" kill should not be an acceptable practice. Under the circumstances it looks like the bear was not an immediate threat and should have been left alone. I agree, now you've got two "wasted" animals, Shame.
"BC" Will

I think they broke the law regardless of which state this was done in, assuming this is a true story. The only legal way they could have shot the bear is if it was attacking them or if one of them had a tag.

I would not have shot the bear even if I was sure the bull was the one I killed.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

OOPS ! I forgot the one they "wounded" THREE wasted animals. SHAME,SHAME,SHAME !
"BC" Will

That was far from a "good" story, I'd have to say. What a shame. Hope the guys eventually found their animal....

It seems ok, cause you said that they didn't want to shoot the bear cause it's way back in the woods. If they had a bear tag, than I think It would be fine. If not, it's definately a shame, and wrong.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

well the story is that the brothers do have a bear tag. That they do eventually find their bull and have a tag. So now they have a legal killed bull and bear, plus a extra set of elk horns.
What is amazing is just how fast people are to find something wrong with a situation that could be perfectly legal. Aren't we all innocence till proven guilty.
I have been amazed at the amount of bickering and back-stabbing that has been going on lately. Yes, I asked for your opinion, but without enough information judgements were formed. Remember the whole story is not alway on the surface.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-03 AT 11:50AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-03 AT 11:46?AM (MST)

You say killed not harvested, their is a differance. Did they leave the bear? if so its Wanton Waste in the 6 states I hunted,also extra antlers are a NO-NO only dropped(buttin bases). These brothers sound like A$$ES BIG A$$ES POACHERS!
I would or any one I know would have NOT killed the bear,picked opps sorry- hacked the extra horns. What if it was 3 others hunters field dressing that elk would the brothers still assumed it was there ELK? I also wonder how many other antlers these guys have that are extras????? YES! I CAN JUDGE PEOPLE, STUPID PEOPLE!
NOT A GOOD STORIE DUDE!

I think everyone answered to the best of their knowledge with the info you provided. Don't give half the info, Ask for an opinion, then jump on folks for not "Assuming" what you would hope. If you want an honest opinion based on the Facts, then give All the facts.
Buy the way where I'm from that is STILL a Poached bear ! Tag or not, you may not Kill a bear over any dead animal.
"BC" Will

Crow,
You have a point that everyone jumps to conclusions and thinks that a law was broken when they hear a partial story. I guess this is how someone?s good name can be ruined over night by a story where all of the facts aren't strait and/or included. I wouldn't have mentioned anything about them having an extra set of elk horns because I don't know of anywhere that it is legal to keep antlers unless they are sheds or are from an animal that has died from a natural cause.

In Wyoming you are allowed to pick up antlers that are not sheds as long as you contact the G & F first and request a license for them. I just read an article on that in one of our local papers.
Michael

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom