Google Earth

alp75

Very Active Member
Thought I would share a great scouting / hunting resource...especially if you are looking at hunting a new area or out of state. I am sure some of you already use it, but for those who don't, check it out. It is worth the time. You can download a free version. Google earth (not google maps) is a overhead view of the earth that you can zoom into close enough to tell your house from your neighbors. When looking at hunting areas you can get an idea of terrain features, vegetation, and possible hiking routes. You can scroll, zoom in and out and even turn to a horizontal position so that you can see the mountain as if you were standing in front of it. Here is a link to the web page you can download it from. http://earth.google.com/

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-08 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]Incredible, WOW, i love all the "new" technology that's out there!

thanks for posting. If you know of any other "new" sources of info, post it as well!

edit -sarcasm doesn't translate well in print, but idiocy comes screaming out at ya!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

" i hear there's a thing called a dictionary,that'll help with definitions and spelling- which a few of us here could use!"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-08 AT 08:40PM (MST)[p]This morning I used it as a range finder for a spot I am scouting. Old news yes, but still a great resource.

Some states like ID have free plug-ins that will display unit boundaries in Google Earth - very cool. Plus, you can save, do a screen shot or email the GPS locations, then your friends can enter them and see your same map.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom