goose hunting help

T

trackndeer

I am from Utah and want to go out to Colorado for a goose hunt and I was wondering if any one could give me some places to go near Denver

Thank you

if you are wanting to go on a guided hunt for geese and ducks my buddy guides just north of denver 15 miles and probably would be reasonable on cost, otherwise it will be tough. you might be able to float a river or set up and kill some ducks and geese..

I heard about some public shooting grounds that you can use were they have blinds built but you have to reserve them or they have you draw for them in the morning before you go hunting anyone know if there are any close to Denver like less than 50 miles

If it were only that easy. Either you pay or spend two days asking for permission only to find out everything is leased. You would have better luck trying to find a public area in eastern Colorado near Lamar.

Oats,

know anybody out that way (Lamar)? Or know of any good hunting terrain out there for muleys? flat landers there huh? what about big whitetail i hear there are some dandy ones in the eastern plains area of CO.

More often than not landowners in that area will let people hunt, the hard part is trying to figure out where the geese are going to land. Every year pheasant hunting we seem to spook a couple of big whities or mulies out of there bed in Eastern Co. I wouldn't say their over run with them but there's a few around. Last year we spotted two huge 5x5 mulies near Springfield and one was in the 190 to 200 class.

most of the time if we can set up all of our decoys they will come in if they are flying low enough. We have a good spread but geese do like to go to there cretin spots.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom