Gore-Tex Customer Serv. Outstanding

wallhanger

Just wanted to pass along my experience with the good folks at Gore-Tex. I had a Gore-Tex Jacket that I purchased for a hunt 3 years ago. It started leaking on a recent camping outing, and I called Gore-Tex to see if they could put me in touch with the company that made the jacket, or tell me how to treat it to get it back to being waterproof. Their rep suggested I wash it and dry it hot to get any dirt out of the membrane, and to 'revamp' the gore-tex. After doing that, it still leaked.

Long story short, I sent it back on Saturday, and got a call from Gore-Tex today. He said, yep, it's leaking just like I'd said, and that they owe me a jacket. He told me to pick out the one I want, and they'll take care of it. So I have a brand new Cabela's MTO50 jacket that should be here Wednesday.

I was blown away that they have this kind of policy. They didn't actually make the jacket, but because it has their membrane in it, they stand behind it. Can't beat that. I wish more companies stood behind their products like that. I'll use Gore-Tex as long as I hunt. Just thought you guys would like to know.

WH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom