Gov sheep tag update

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-16 AT 05:43PM (MST)[p]Tri, you are "sometimes wrong" about "little things"? Ha. I just fell out of my chair laughing.

What you don't understand Tristate is that you are apparently determining what is right or wrong by the public position taken by the DWR, the county prosecutor, etc. As I have explained many times, I could care less whether the DWR agrees with my position. The DWR cannot even keep track of and follow its own rules. You have already identified two obvious examples.

I am more concerned about trying to pick the right side of the issues. I will happily fight against the further commercialization of hunting, the special interest groups that wield significant influence over hunting in Utah, the hundreds of big money tags created under "the Utah model", the DWR's failure to to follow and enforce its own rules, etc. The fact that the DWR or a specific conservation group or the governor's office or you do not agree with me on a particular issue does not mean that I am wrong. In fact, it is probably a good indicator that I am on the right side of the issue.

-Hawkeye-

Maybe so nvb, but I won't lie to people about what I don't know at the expense of a good man's reputation.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-16 AT 09:50PM (MST)[p]Whatever. You have done more harm to a good mans reputation by arguing idiotic points, posting pictures and highlighting what should have never happened. This has left a very bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths for a process that has put a lot of money to a good use over the years. You are hung up on stupid things like whether someone said the other guy was watching when the sheep was killed. All the while you beat your chest that others have hurt the reputation of WLH. In MY opinion, and my opinion only, you should be ashamed of yourself. With friends like you who needs enemies?

You haven't made a lick of sense for about 500 posts.

Actually, I would like to thank Tristate.
If not for him, I would not have known nearly what I do now nor would have I made the phone calls or send the emails I did. There are probably a lot of people like me.
Thanks Tristate!

">If not for him, I would
>not have known nearly what
>I do now"

Which just like the rest of us is pretty much nothing. You made phone calls and emails and wasted your time for nothing. you're welcome

Have to ask, did anyone ever see/read in this long thread on why other thread was taken down and who asked for it to be removed?
Or is tri still avoiding it like many other questions?

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

If law was perfectly clear lawyers wouldn't have a job.

The prosecutor clearly thought this wasn't a cut and dry conviction and he's in that business morning noon and night so I'm going to respect that decision.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-16 AT 01:05PM (MST)[p]I don't know how many of you listened to the "Big Outdoors" show on ESPN Radio here in Utah last night. During the show, Tony Abbott discussed the Nebo ram incident in depth, including his conversation with Greg Sheehan, the Director of the DWR. Tony was polite and respectful but he hit the nail on the head when he said all parties involved bear some responsibility. Tony noted that the DWR admits that they made some mistakes and could have done things differently. That being said, Tony pointed out that the hunter, the guides and the outfitter are still responsible to know and follow the applicable laws. Tony stated that in his opinion the majority of the responsibility lies with the outfitter in this case. The outfitter should have known the applicable laws and rules and especially when he is guiding the one and only governor's sheep tag for the entire state. Tony commented that had the sportsman's tag holder illegally killed a sheep that was being watched by the governor's tag holder and his guides there would have been a major outcry from guides and outfitter. Tony commented that the public has a right to be upset and we should express our frustrations to the DWR, the County Prosecutor, Department of Licensing, etc.

Did any of the rest of you listen to the show? If so, what were your thoughts? It was also interesting to hear that Tony works as a guide and outfitter so he understands that perspective on the issues. According to him, his clients are often from out of town, out of state or even out of the country and rely on him to help them comply with local laws and rules.

Kudos to Tony for talking about a tough issue and being fair to each of the parties involved.

-Hawkeye-

"Tony wasn't there"

"The law wasn't clear"

"He will tell you what he wants you to hear"

"He is ruining a man's reputation"

"How does he know there would be out cry from the guiding industry"

"That's just silly"

etc etc etc etc ad nauseum

I can hear it now.

"Tony works as a guide and outfitter"

So Tony is WLH competition??????? Gee I bet he wouldn't be biased at all.

The fact that Tony throws in it would be different if the sportsmen tag holder shows he is going for emotional points and abandoned logic from the start. If Tony wouldn't have included that I would have said Tony just had a good ol' radio debate but if what Hawkeye said is true about Tony then the show was about as interesting a toilet flushing.

The story of Tony told by Andy Griffith for your viewing pleasure.

Tri,

YOU ARE A COMPLETE DIP ####!

Tony is a guide, that is correct. NO HE IS NOT IN COMPETITION to WLH. WHY? Because we works in Utah on a CWMU as a guide. SO no, Tony is not in competition with him. There is an owner of the CWMU who has asked TONY, who is a licenced guide, to guide on his property.

Did you listen to the radio show? Was is a "TOILET FLUSHING" of WLH? Once again, YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!

First get your story straight Hawkeye says he is an outfitter. Second how is a guide on a CWMU not in direct competition with other outfitters?

Robiland you sure are fired up about ol' TONY. You sure seem personally invested in his reputation.

No I do not listen to the radio show. All I have to go off of is Hawkeye's words which I am sure are perfectly accurate facts. When in Rome, brother.

Most sportsmen in Utah and many on this forum know Tony. As usual, tristate knows nothing about Tony Abbott or his show last night. He is just trolling and spinning the facts in an effort to "help" his buddies. You would probably do the same out of boredom if you spent all day mounting armadillos and javelinas.

By the way tri, you still have not told us about your experience hunting with WLH a couple of years ago? You shot a great buck. Congrats on that. Did you shoot that buck in the correct unit? Did your hunt during the correct season dates? Was it a high fence buck? Did you rely on your guides to know the unit boundaries? Did you do your own due diligence to understand the applicable rules and laws here in Utah? Did you contact a buddy at the DWR to seek clarification on any ambiguities? Tell us about your experience.

-Hawkeye-

Hawk, I listened and was the Democrat buddy he kept referring too.

I have a couple of issues.

First. Tony was absoultely correct. People hire guides to provide their services. Finding an animal, getting in the best position to kill the animal and doing it all legally and safely.
Mr Lemon Service failed on one account. No if's and's or but's. It wasn't a legal kill.

Second. This is at least the third black eye for the Division in the last 18 months.
Paying BGF in full before any work had been completed.
The Expo Rigging
Now the Nebo Ram.
When are consequences coming?? Yeah it's great to own up to not being perfect
but how much chit can be botched before action is taken?

Third. You can spin this however you want. If this was a dude that paid $518.00 for the tag instead of $95K, do you think the DWR would be a "Little More Assertive" in asking for charges to be filed?

Tritip, A CWMU is private land. The Landowner picks who is allowed to guide on the CWMU.
To think that Tony would receive competition from Mr Lemons company is intellectually dishonest. Stick to corn flingers, hog enclosures and glue sniffing.

"If the DWR was just doing its job, and
wildlife and hunting were the actual focus,
none of this process would even matter.
But that is not the focus or the goal in any
of this. The current DWR regime, and
SFW were born out of wildlife declines,
and are currently operated and funded
under that paradigm. Those 200 Expo
tags would not even be worth anything if
the focus was where it was supposed to
be, and wildlife and tags were plentiful.
But under the current business model,
that is how the money and power is
generated. It is generated through the
rising "value"(monitization) of a declining
resource. A resource that is supposed to
be being beneficially managed for the
masses that own that resource, ie. US.
The problem is obvious, hedging is not a
long term sustainable strategy, and
others have to lose, for some to win. In
this case it is us, the many, and our
resources, that are being forced to lose,
because there is a minority who's power
and money is derived from our loses."

LONETREE 3/15/16

Wileywapati,

You literally have zero clue how competition or business works. Your last post proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Hawkeye,

Heck no I don't know Tony. All I know is the spin you typed and what garbage smells like.

Anyone of you, and Tony included, that uses the if it was a drawn tag argument are using emotional spin in the form of class warfare. Your position sucks and that's the only straw you grasp at. Weak.

Are you going to answer these questions?

>By the way tri, you still
>have not told us about
>your experience hunting with WLH
>a couple of years ago?
> You shot a great
>buck. Congrats on that.
> Did you shoot that
>buck in the correct unit?
> Did your hunt during
>the correct season dates?
>Was it a high fence
>buck? Did you rely
>on your guides to know
>the unit boundaries? Did
>you do your own due
>diligence to understand the applicable
>rules and laws here in
>Utah? Did you contact
>a buddy at the DWR
>to seek clarification on any
>ambiguities? Tell us about
>your experience.
>
>-Hawkeye-

NVB,

Why would I answer those questions and hijack a thread?

How come the largest percentage of posts on this thread are about me? What in the world do I have to do with a great hunter killing a great sheep with the assistance of some great guides.

>Pig boy,
>Why you so scared to answer
>a simple question?
>
>Why did you have your original
>post removed?

You might get a response if you used Tri. He has answered all my questions so far. I'm curious also.

That is a curious thing Tony said about what if someone shot the ram that the guided auction tag was after and got off. I wonder if there would be a civil suit filed by the outfitter or client?

Didn't think you would.

>What in
>the world do I have
>to do with a great
>hunter killing a great sheep
>with the assistance of some
>great guides.

I suggest you go look at the original post in this thread. Nowhere do I see anything about a great hunter or great guides.

The original post:

"Thought a bunch about the whole fiasco. The whole incident pizzes me off, but a biologist in another unit getting fingered seriously pissed me off. So, I called Cedar City. I called to thank them for what they do. I called to tell them I thought them getting scapegoated was chicken shizz. Ended up talking to a supervisor, and I let her know I appreaciate what her people do, that they don't get rich, and then have to deal with guys like WLH putting them in bad spots. She was appreciative to say the least.

I then called S.E. office and thanked them, since there seems to be some confusion now as to who WLH actually called(I know, imagine that).
I personally think those folks in the field do a hell of a job, or at least try to. Most of that, I believe is squandered by the politicos in the headquarters in SLC, but thats my opinion.

If this whole episode of blaming the biologist bugs you, call and thank them, offer them some support."

There isn't even a mention of the sheep or the hunter. WLH is only mentioned wondering who they called. Do you need reading comprehension tutoring Tri? I think you are jumping to conclusions again. Maybe you have something to hide.

And on those questions that were asked earlier. Would you answer them if they were in a thread all by themselves? You know, so the polite-you wouldn't be hijacking a thread...

You are just blabbering about nothing. You still did everything you could to hijack the thread and make it about me.

If I were to ever draw a sheep tag I would hire Wlh in a second. They do a great job and really know big game. I love hunting Utah. The DWR has made mistakes like any government agency but the wildlife is headed in the right direction.

the ram was taken legally
it will be entered in to b&c
you can't blame a texan for anything
the trigger was half back when wlh made the call
what you going to do about it

I have no dog in this scrap. But, as just mentioned above, said guide "knows game". Is that not a clear statement?

Saying that.....here is what really happened that many might be missing. Said guide & subguides thought they had a state record ram they were looking at in a unit not available. They know it's not open. Period. Gov tags are sold on basis of top end animals. Period. Ones ability to misjudge upward on the possible taking the best of all rams can certainly sway common sense.

Sad part.....ram was over judged, which the greed of a potential state record & all the accolades that come with it caused a poaching.

Sorry for all involved, as this is certainly not a comfortable situation for both parties pro & con on the subject.

Carry on.

>the ram was taken legally
>it will be entered in to
>b&c
>you can't blame a texan for
>anything
>the trigger was half back when
>wlh made the call
>what you going to do about
>it

Huntin Texas,

You must either tripsters boy friend or The hunters girl friend.

Facts are facts. The ram was Killed Illegally. Killed in the wrong unit. Plain and simple. How is that legal? WLH knew the rules and tried to find a way around it. He asked and asked and asked until he got an answer he liked. Pure BS. We all know money talks. And it talked big in this case.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-16 AT 06:02AM (MST)[p]Nobody can dispute the fact that the ram was killed in a unit that was not open to the governor's tag holder. That was not only a violation of law but an embarrassment to the State of Utah, the outfitter, and the hunter. If everything was legal, the DWR would not have issued its press release acknowledging its own mistakes and the outfitter would not be lying low. The trophy kill shots of that ram would be plastered all over social media and the outfitter's website. Instead the photos have all been pulled down and somebody even asked founder to remove Tristate's epic post. Surprise, surprise. Ms. Waldrip shot a nice ram. Too bad it was not taken in an open, legal unit. Do you guys think WLH got a generous tip after hunt?

-Hawkeye-

>it will be entered in to
>b&c
>you can't blame a texan for
>anything
>the trigger was half back when
>wlh made the call
>what you going to do about
>it

Whats the ram score?

"the ram was taken legally"

Wrong. Your wife shot a trophy ram in the wrong unit.

"it will be entered in to b&c."

Who cares. This wouldn't be the first time an illegally taken animal was entered into the B&C. See http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2009/11/illegal_big_buck_breezes_to_bo.html

"you can't blame a texan for anything"

Regardless of the mistakes of the DWR and WLH, your wife still had an ibligation to know and follow the applicable laws. The biggest mistake you guys made was hiring an outfitter that didn't know and follow the rules.

"the trigger was half back when wlh made the call"

What does this even mean? Please try again with clear English.

"what you going to do about it"

I will continue to call it like it is. This trophy ram was taken illegally. The fact that the DWR dropped the ball does not change that reality.

-Hawkeye-

Hey Brian, I feel like mabey its your turn to chime in on this hot topic you are the owner of MM and I am sure a lot of people here would like to hear from you.this whole ram deal is unreal not to mention the expo mess. thanks.

>Nobody can dispute the fact that
>the ram was killed in
>a unit that was not
>open to the sportsman tag
>holder. That was not
>only a violation of law
>but an embarrassment to the
>State of Utah, the outfitter,
>and the hunter. If
>everything was legal, the DWR
>would not have issued its
>press release acknowledging its own
>mistakes and the outfitter would
>not be lying low.
>The trophy kill shots of
>that ram would be plastered
>all over social media and
>the outfitter's website. Instead
>the photos have all been
>pulled down and somebody even
>asked founder to remove Tristate's
>epic post. Surprise, surprise.
> Ms. Waldrip shot a
>nice ram. Too bad
>it was not taken in
>an open, legal unit.
>Do you guys think WLH
>got a generous tip after
>hunt?
>
>-Hawkeye-

Hey Hawkeye!

I Can Dispute that!

Now You've made a Mistake!:D

"""Nobody can dispute the fact that the ram was killed in a unit that was not open to the sportsman tag holder."""

I Think You Meant 'Governors Tag' holder or 'Conservation Tag' holder?

I'm Not being a PLICK,just sayin...................!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

I love it when people start telling people what can and can not be disputed. It's almost as good as other people who give their opinion and then end it with "Period".

Like I said before if anyone here, THAT WASN'T THERE, wanted to be honest, most of the sentences would say "I've heard, rumor has it, I think, maybe, could have, etc......"

But who wants to be honest here? Its the internet and honesty is a rare enough trait even when dealing with someone face to face.

Yall really can't prove the sportsman tag holder even knew about this sheep. You can't prove that WLH didn't call someone in the office you chose they just didn't want to pick up the phone. You can't prove that if the sportsman tag holder had done this he/she would be sitting in jail. You can't prove the state did an adequate job of educating the public of its sheep rules.

One thing no one has brought up yet is what was the governor's tag advertised as when it was sold? That could be an important part of this mess-up.

So what is the report on the sportsman tag sheep. Has he dropped the hammer on one yet?

PERIOD

I have no dog in this "fight". I come to this site and go hunting to get away from life.

Observations from someone who has spent over 30 years in law enforcement and still works there.

It is black and white the ram was shot in a closed unit.

It also appears and state officials admit, errors were made by them...informing the hunter the unit was open. It was a mistake on their part. The biologist should have referred the question to others if he/she wasn't sure of the answer.

Now comes the other part. There is NO way the state could ever get a conviction in court. The hunter would request a jury trial and a lot of them will be none hunters who will only hear that a hunter hiring "professional" help asked a representative of G&F a legal question and obtained an answer....the wrong answer but an answer. There goes ANY hope of a conviction in court. It appears the DA already knows this.

I understand people are upset but its time to let this case go. Work with G&F to make sure this type of mistake doesn't happen again.

Did OJ kill Nicole ? I'm pretty sure that is black and white too...we all move on.

Now, I'm out of here in a couple hours to head West for a couple weeks of hunting. Carry on.

>
>It is black and white the
>ram was shot in a
>closed unit.

Agreed. Only a fool can read the regulation I posted and feel otherwise.

>
>It also appears and state officials
>admit, errors were made by
>them...informing the hunter the unit
>was open. It was
>a mistake on their part.
>The biologist should have referred
>the question to others if
>he/she wasn't sure of the
>answer.
>

Agreed. A biologist on the phone is not in a position to interpret the law.

>Now comes the other part. There
>is NO way the state
>could ever get a conviction
>in court. The hunter would
>request a jury trial and
>a lot of them will
>be none hunters who will
>only hear that a hunter
>hiring "professional" help asked a
>representative of G&F a legal
>question and obtained an answer....the
>wrong answer but an answer.
> There goes ANY hope
>of a conviction in court.
>It appears the DA already
>knows this.
>

Agreed

>I understand people are upset but
>its time to let this
>case go. Work with G&F
>to make sure this type
>of mistake doesn't happen again.
>

Agreed

>
>Did OJ kill Nicole ?
>I'm pretty sure that is
>black and white too...we all
>move on.
>

Well, all except Nicole and her family.

>Now, I'm out of here in
>a couple hours to head
>West for a couple weeks
>of hunting. Carry on.

Best of luck to you. I hope you read the regulations and familiarized yourself with your unit boundaries.

Good comments MaineFlatlander. I largely agree with you that the DWR dropped the ball and made multiple mistakes. However, my point is that does not change completely absolve the outfitter and the hunter from any responsibility. The fact that the county prosecutor chose not to bring criminal charges does not mean that the sheep was taken legally. Those are two different issues. Hence, your OJ example. The one thing that everyone acknowledges (except possibly tristate and Texashunting) is that the hunter and outfitter killed a trophy ram on a unit that was not open to them. That is spelled out in black and white in the administrative rule. Good luck with your upcoming hunts.

-Hawkeye-

"Agreed. A biologist on the phone is not in a position to interpret the law."

Then neither is anyone else here on this forum.

The one person in all of this that was in a position to make a legal judgement call ruled in favor of the hunter. End of story. You just solved your own problem with your own words.

Hawkeye,

The hunter and outfitter have dealt with their responsibilities. They didn't look to be "absolved". The ram was cut up and utilized and I certainly doubt either will ever make this mistake again. I think like many here you confuse "punishment" with "responsibility".

What does "acknowledgement" get you? Answer me that.

>"Agreed. A biologist on the phone
>is not in a position
>to interpret the law."
>
>
>Then neither is anyone else here
>on this forum.
>

The difference is none of us are giving legal advice to the guide to go ahead and shoot.

>The one person in all of
>this that was in a
>position to make a legal
>judgement call ruled in favor
>of the hunter.

Again, that one person should not have given legal advice. They should have referred it to a warden. But it soumds like the ram was nearly dead or maybe dead before they even called (according to HuntinTexas, whoever that is)

>End
>of story. You just
>solved your own problem with
>your own words.
>

The only thing better than ending an opinion with "Period" is "end of story"

>Hawkeye,
>
>The hunter and outfitter have dealt
>with their responsibilities. They
>didn't look to be "absolved".
> The ram
>was cut up and utilized >and I certainly doubt >either will ever make >this mistake again
".
>
>

Oh my god folks!!! Tristate JUST admitted the hunter and outfitter made a mistake!!!!

>I think like many here
>you confuse "punishment" >with "responsibility

>What does "acknowledgement" get you?
>Answer me that.

IF HuntinTexas is a real person with direct involvement in this then it doesnt seem to me that they are taking responsibility for or acknowledging anything.

As the op, i didnt mention the hunter. Personally, if wlh told her to shoot my truck, or your dog, is it ok because wlh is the professional? Who ultimately pulled the trigger.

Second, i know who the biologist is, i talked to him. He didnt log my call i still wonder how wlh proved they talked to anyone.

Third, tri is kinda right. If you or i would have walked in similar situation is emotional, although, no would be answer.

Forth, props to Tony. F-stop would never bring it up. I have disagreed with tony before, but he didnt hide.

Fifth, been over a month. Who got fired? Who lost a license? Dwr says it knows there was a "mistake", where is the press release with corrective actions and punishments? "Oooppsy"? Really?

Last, tri and texas hunter. I dont hunt sheep. I dont use guides. I drive past the nebo on my way to the manti. My issue isnt even with wlh, if tony abbott or doyle, or whatever guide did the same, my reaction would be the same. My issue hasnt changed. DWR CORRUPTION. Be that here, the expo, bgf, $fw, whatever, i believe we as sportsmen need to "drain the swamp" in SLC. SO, TRI, texas, straight up, whats your dog in this fight?

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

"The difference is none of us are giving legal advice to the guide to go ahead and shoot."

That's the only difference because you are giving all kinds of other legal advice you know little to nothing about. SO practice what you preach and give it up.

"Again, that one person should not have given legal advice. "

Slow down and think before you type. I ain't talking about the DWR employee. I'm talking about the prosecutor, AND HE DOES IT FOR A LIVING.

"

The only thing better than ending an opinion with "Period" is "end of story""

I know, ain't it great. I love playing "when in Rome".

"If"

WHole lot of that "if" makes something out of nothing.

Now live by what you preach and step aside. You aren't a legal professional giving advice.

Pig boys only dog in this fight is that he is a jealous butthurt sad little man living in a complete s h!+hole. So he takes his frustrations out wasting countless hours everyday arguing with western folk over things he knows nothing about. Absolutely a pathetic individual.

>"The difference is none of us
>are giving legal advice to
>the guide to go ahead
>and shoot."
>
>That's the only difference because you
>are giving all kinds of
>other legal advice you know
>little to nothing about.
>SO practice what you preach
>and give it up.

I'm not giving anyone advice. I have given my opinion which is worth nothing, just like yours. I have asked you questions and I have posted an unedited copy and paste of the law. I don't recall giving advice.

>
>"Again, that one person should not
>have given legal advice. "
>
>
>Slow down and think before you
>type. I ain't talking
>about the DWR employee.
>I'm talking about the prosecutor,
>AND HE DOES IT FOR
>A LIVING.
>

My bad. I admit, I misunderstood.

>
>The only thing better than ending
>an opinion with "Period" is
>"end of story""
>
>I know, ain't it great.
>I love playing "when in
>Rome".
>
>

That's a weakass BS answer. You can do better.

>"If"
>
>WHole lot of that "if" makes
>something out of nothing.
>
>Now live by what you preach
>and step aside. You
>aren't a legal professional giving
>advice.

I said "IF HuntinTexas is a real person with direct involvement in this then it doesnt seem to me that they are taking responsibility for or acknowledging anything."

Do you know IF that is a real person with involvement? Do you know it is not? The only way you could know is IF that identity is really you.

HuntinTexas said:
>it will be entered in to b&c
>you can't blame a texan for anything
>the trigger was half back when wlh made the call
>what you going to do about it "

I stand by my "IF" and my opinion that no responsibility is being taken. Period. End of story.

You said:
>The hunter and outfitter have dealt
>with their responsibilities. They
>didn't look to be "absolved".
> The ram
>was cut up and utilized and
>I certainly doubt
>either will ever make
>this mistake again

Seems you do not agree with HuntinTexas, or am I not understanding who you are talking about again?

You better be careful Tri. You probably already put your WLH Christmas card in jeopardy. You're still getting them muddy and now you've admitted they made a mistake.

"If" is worthless for this conversation. That's my point. I don't know who huntin'Texas is and I doubt you do either.

I never said mistakes weren't made. Admitting that isn't getting people "muddy". Its nice to see you are worried about me and my relationship with WLH. But to think this "mistake" automatically makes people "poachers" and should have their license pulled is absolute idiocy.

Now you aren't a legal authority so go talk about something else. Live by what you preach. The one legal authority in all of this has spoken. From here on out everything else is worthless crying.

...this whole thing is laughable.There are really only two things that an experienced Utah outfitter could have needed clarity on....

1. which tag does my client have?

2. is this year odd or even.

Seems like anyone that can read could have verified which tag she had...and I would guess even the camp cook remembers enough of grade school to know which numbers are odd and which are even....

The problem here is that anger drives us to be judge and jury (but as sportsman here, we have a right to be angry over certain things).It is a resource that is limited, and as such, needs to be dealt with lawfully, and intelligently. One thing that concerns me is that sometimes Guides are so pressured to perform, that they will look for any excuse to cut a corner, or sidestep a law, to provided services rendered to someone who pays good money. I am not saying that is the case here, but it does happen. It has happened in the past, and will probably continue, but hopefully things get better and not worse. Questioning this is what is needed, and hopefully the state does not just sweep it under the rug. It is frustrating and needs to be addressed.

People, I'm begging you to quit feeding Tri, he is totally having a blast at your expense, 99.9% of us disagree with his mumbo jumbo but he LOVES getting you wound up and he does a phenomenal job of it, but only because YOU let him, I'm begging you to ignore him and let him stay in Texas and hunt is high fenced whitetail, please let him spew his garbage but NOBODY respond and hopefully he will soon go away, as I said earlier ( but nobody listened) DONT give him the pleasure!!!! It's worth a try!!!!!

Oneshot, I understand what you're saying however, how do you know some of us don't just enjoy helping him show his true colors of being an a$$hole? There is something satisfying about making a donkey bray.

This is poaching.

Ram is down.

Shot illegally.

Hunter has a trophy on the wall.

State did not prosecute.

Still illegal!

Woman can look on the ram on the wall and know she broke the law.

State is failing in their duty. Hope the hunter knows that she is wrong.

>enough of these pics.......where are the
>nudes???

for pervs like yourself
this is as close as you'll get

94021nebopic.jpg

>>enough of these pics.......where are the
>>nudes???
>
>for pervs like yourself
>this is as close as you'll
>get
>
>
94021nebopic.jpg

Views fine, but not for what it costs you to see it.

Howdy boys. Hope y'all had a great weekend. I went hunting again. Same as last week. Going again next week.

No matter how many times you call someone a poacher on the internet it isn't your words that will make it so. As nvb pointed out we should only care what the legal authority says and that person has spoken. No poaching here. Save your hate for the next guy on the internet.

The only thing worse than poaching the king's deer is killing the big game animal that the people think they own.

Congrats tristate. I hope you had a great hunt and restocked for corn feeder before you left the farm.

I personally have never said the ram was poached. I said it was taken illegally in a closed unit. Those comments are based upon facts not hate.

-Hawkeye-

Well after hunts in 3 states and being on the road since 8/27 I'm back and see that the #1 DB on MM is still at it!

>So what do you want Hawkeye?
>
On this case, we got it. Dwr showed their corruption. Wlh showed his distain for everyone not scratching them checks. You proved your the poachers best friend.
Only you would celebrate a bad situation. Kinda twisted that you enjoy the absolute abortion this was. Sure hope you locked the gate, those high fences are useless if you leave the gate open

Well Tri state, I hope you didn't have to pay too much to hunt that private land. And I hope you took your boy out.

I spent a little time out volunteering on a bighorn sheep capture working to put and keep sheep on the mountain. I hope some regular Joe working stiffs get an opportunity to hunt these sheep. After all, they own them and the land they live on.

Heard us Nevadans may be sending some more bighorns to Utah soon. You might not know this but we've sent quite a few over the years. Don't know where these will be released but I'm sure some hunters, as well as guides, will benefit.

like nvbighorn said
it's just a sheep
and nevada will give or trade utah a replacement
no laws were broken
wlh is top notch
the ram will be entered in to b&c

don't mess with texas

>
>like nvbighorn said
>it's just a sheep
>and nevada will give or trade
>utah a replacement
>no laws were broken
>wlh is top notch
>the ram will be entered in
>to b&c
>
>don't mess with texas

How about you save us the drive, you and robyn just go buy it from nevada, take it to North Mexico, lock it in one of your high fence leases, and turn on the corn feeder. In a couple of years you can take pictures of her ass while she shoots it, same pose as this year. You can still hire WLH, cuz even on a high fence, corn feeder lease, you master, North Mexicans would still need a guide. Why dont you two buy the lagoon elk this year? Then mamma could hunt in her bikini, and WLH could get a corn dog.

Oh shizz, i messed with North Mexico

"Howdy boys. Hope y'all had a great weekend. I went hunting again. Same as last week. Going again next week."

Golly gee whizz pig boy, we all wish we could hunt as much as you do. Yea we don't hunt just play on the Internet all day everyday arguing with dumb phuk TexASSans about stuff we know nothing about. Looks like all that begging your Massa for permission and check writing is paying off.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-16 AT 10:01AM (MST)[p]Sorry but I coudn't resist:

"no laws were broken"

Wrong yet again. R657-41-2 was clearly violated. Fortunately for the hunter, WLH was able to point to DWR incompetence as a contributing factor and avoid criminal charges. That, however, does not change the fact that your wife shot a trophy ram in a closed unit.

"wlh is top notch"

Perhaps in your book. At a minimum, he screwed the pooch while guiding one of the premier, high profile tags in the entire state and had his hunter kill a trophy ram in a closed unit. If he was proud of that fact, the photos of your wife and her ram would still be pastered all over WLH's website and facebook page. In addition, WLH made some pathetic and spiteful comments to the reporter about sportsmen in general then backpeddeled when called on his comments. As a result of this whole fiasco, his reputation has dropped several notches in the minds of most sportsmen.

"the ram will be entered in to b&c"

Who cares. This whole saga is am embarrasment to the State of Utah and hunting in general. But if all you care about is inches making the record books then congratulations to your wife on taking a fine trophy and thank for supporting "conservation" in the State of Utah.

-Hawkeye-

For someone to be held accountable for this incident and for the DWR to apply the rules fairly and even-handedly.

Despite all of your ridiculous hyperbole, I never called for a lynching or a firing squad. However, based upon the information available to the public, if I were king for a day I would have cited WLH and the hunter for hunting in a closed unit. In addition, I would have issued a serious reprimand to whoever within the DWR allegedly gave WLH the impression that it was okay to hunt that ram. Depending on the circumstances, he or she may be job hunting today.

Is that too much to ask?

-Hawkeye-

So I heard a rumor (that should satisfy Trisate cause there is NO way to confirm this that I know of)that the auctioneer specifically said something along the lines of "If there is a sheep in this state it's not safe if you buy this tag"

That implies that ALL units are open to the tag holder. I would call it false advertising in a lawsuit.

Then the as I have pointed out before the guidebook states that the Pilot Mountain unit is closed, yet is silent about the Nebo.

On top of that WLH was given incorrect information by the DWR itself.

I do agree that a law was violated, but as I have said many times there is no way to prosecute this thing. The blame for the mistake lies squarely on the shoulders of the DWR and the State of Utah. Don't know if anyone was fired, probably will never know.

The state needs to outline some kind of action plan that details how they will prevent such a mistake in the future. In the detailed action plan they should outline what happens if/when they "make love to the dog" again.

By what do you mean "held accountable"? That is a very vague statement. Define that. Right now what else can be done that you think makes people more accountable?

Looks like the DWR is applying the rules "fairly" and "even-handedly" because we have no proof that anyone else would have been treated any differently in this case.

I understand that you would have cited WLH. But you ain't king that ain't the way things work and the people that do make those choices decided against it. SO WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW?

We know where everything stands in the past I want to know what you want out of the future, be specific and realistic, or you will just look like a typical internet whiner.

Pookie-

I've heard a lot of rumors too, including the rumor that WLH actually ran into the the sportsman tag holder while illegally hunting the Nebo unit and the sportsman tag holder informed WLH that they were not supposed to be hunting that unit and that it was closed to them. Rumor has it that conversation happened before they shot the ram. Perhaps somebody close to WLH could verify if that is the case.

You and and both agree that a law was violated and the DWR messed up. The only difference is you think that should give the hunter and the guides a free pass and I don't. HuntinTexas, on the other hand, doesn't even recognize that a law was violated.

-Hawkeye-

I'm curious why Tri had the original picture thread deleted? Who put the pressure on you to have it deleted Tri? And why did he/she/them want it deleted?

This is one of the funniest things I read all year thanks for making my night hoss! "How about you save us the drive, you and robyn just go buy it from nevada, take it to North Mexico, lock it in one of your high fence leases, and turn on the corn feeder. In a couple of years you can take pictures of her ass while she shoots it, same pose as this year. You can still hire WLH, cuz even on a high fence, corn feeder lease, you master, North Mexicans would still need a guide. Why dont you two buy the lagoon elk this year? Then mamma could hunt in her bikini, and WLH could get a corn dog.

Oh shizz, i messed with North Mexico"
hornkiller.jpg

I am really wanting someone to tell us what the meaning of "is" is. That should seal the deal

Also, maybe when we hit 411 post, we can all light up??

If she took off the scope cover she might not hit that front leg next time. No wonder wlh will take you poaching, you all pay his mortgage every year. Nice goat.

Does your sex tape or naked pics have WLH logo on it?

HuntinTexas, that's an old picture. Thought she was hunting goats this year too. She get camera shy?

So Tritip, you gonna answer the question?

I bet there are some competing outfitters who love watching Tri make sure every hunter with a pulse knows what happened here.

I doubt the hunter is liking all this attention either. They may look for a different outfitter next time, one that reads the law and keeps them off the hunting forums.

Grizzly

You guys really should turn the light on in your closet some time.

Always meet to see what people think is real.

>What kind of a man would
>type that hossblur?
>
>That's some pretty classless text even
>for you.

I didnt post pics i took of my wifes ass aiming a gun all over the internet. Or bikini pics. Or pics of every thing she does. Mine hasnt had a tv camera following her around. Nor "audition tapes" for various hunting shows. Cant act now that you got caught, on camera breaking the law( dwr never said she didnt, just that they were'nt charging) that your a private person.

Tri, who asked you to take down the pic? Why are you dodging?

There is a big difference between a woman in a bikini, or a woman that lets cameras follow her around, and making porn. If you are too stupid to recognize that then there is no hope for you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom