Governor Tag Buck

97702bbuck.jpg

OMG...What a TOAD. Shows the genetics are still there.Congrats to the hunter on a Great Buck.I allways buy some gov. tag tickets but have never been lucky...maybe some day....
Jack

Awesome looking buck, was he a local buck or a Colorado buck the moved in.
He got a super looking rack.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I wish I could be more star struck but, that buck truly does not impress me. Sure he's good size but for the governors tag, I would have passed and if nothing else framed the tag just to say I had it.

Paul its gota be the bigest...Jic hasen't had there hunt yet but I don't think they will beat it.With all the winter poaching we have they just don't have a chance to reach there potential.
Jack

I'm assuming this buck is not migratory, he was hunting this same buck in September, awesome buck,,

>Paul its gota be the bigest...Jic
>hasen't had there hunt yet
>but I don't think they
>will beat it.With all the
>winter poaching we have they
>just don't have a chance
>to reach there potential.
>Jack

Its bigger than the one I didn't get.

That is a Jic buck. Just got caught looking for 2b does is all. Tell you this I don't hunt from a cell phone call. It's boots on the ground and time in the field.

That buck is a monster.

Although, just because it was taken from 2B doesn't necessarily mean every buck there is like that. Those types of bucks are far and few between, and obviously smarter. It would take years of scouting, mapping, and figuring out where one of these bad boys are.

But with a governor tag, I guess you got all of that. Haha.

Congrats to the hunter.

That is one small hunter or one large buck! The left antler side is as big as the hunter!! WINK! WINK!

Nice buck, but I sure don't see 230+. Not even gross! Short main beams and narrow inside spread with small to average mass.

Main frame might...MIGHT make 180. Even with a 180 frame (Doubt it) and if the buck had 40" of trash (more like 30")it would gross 220 and that's before any deductions side to side!

Great job to the hunter and congrats! Definately a buck I would no doubt shoot. It just drives me crazy when someone over inflates the score and stands far behind the animal!!

TRC

Never mind!! Guess it's a new scoring system they used as stated in the article...

"The 232 inches refers to the distance separating the antlers, from point to point, as well as the length and width of the antlers."

TRC

I know the hunter that took this buck. It is a grand buck. Yes the picture is taken with the hunter set back some. Even still, the buck is what it is. I dont know of one hunter that would pass on this buck. I dang sure would not, even with the gov's tag.

The beauty about the gov's tag is that you can wait for migration to occur. you can wait for the rut to occur. Sometimes they both occur at or near the same time as is the case, here. This buck could have been a 2b resident. Doubtful, but could be. If so, finding a gem like this in a specified window of days is near impossible.

Kudos to Dave for the big buck and especially for not selling the tag. I also know the hunter that drew the gov's tag for elk. He sold his. Basically like a lottery winning. ;)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom