granby area weather

ToddT

I will be there for the first rifle season and planned to hunt the high country of the eastern area of the unit. I have noticed lots of snow has come through, but I also know that snow can come and go quickly under certain circumstances. ANYWAY,,,,, what does it look like around 10,000 feet????? Thanks for any help.

Be prepared for anything! It will most likely be good weather, but you never know; especially at 10000 feet. If it's nice, you should see highs around 50 and lows around the mid 20s. If a storm rolls through, which is not unlikely, you could get hammered with half a foot or more of snow. But more than likely, if it does snow, you will only see several inches.

I've hunted second season around Rand (just north of Granby) and been in 12-18 inches of snow. I've also hunted third season and been in a t-shirt by mid day. You just never know.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you do.

X2 on what elkmanchad said.....if the elk rut was as late in the Granby area as it was in southwest Colorado you could have a very interesting hunt! Good luck and keep us posted on how you do.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom