Grand Slamsss

F

freak4antlers

Here is a pic of a few of the rams that this guy i know has shot I think he told me that he had 4 North American slams and he had shot a few in Afghanistan.
21083907.jpg

That's quite the collection there. Is that his house or a museum? The guy most be fairly old and have a lot of coin to be able to take 4 NA Grandslams.

In BC, where 99% of Stones live, you can only take one Stone every 3 years, unless it is inspected and determined to be older than 8 years old. So if a guy went out every 3 years and was lucky enough to get a ram each time it would take at least 12 years to shoot 4 rams. Then add 4 of each other species. You're talking 16 animals. 20 if you are including Californias in the slam. Even with a lot of coin, a guy has to be getting up there in years to accomplish 4 NT grandslams. Just my thoughts. I could be wrong though. Have been many times before.

You're right about the age restriction on the rams Steve. I think, however, that most outfitters take rams that are 8 or older. If they don't they risk having their quotas reduced and that's just bad business.

I didn't know that. Hey you learn something new everyday. So I guess this guy just has a lot of bucks then. Quite the trophy room, although I don't think I'd put all the trophies together like that if it was my house. But hey, each to their own. When you've got that kind of bucks then you can do whatever you want.

Yeah this guy has money and old age both Pretty damn cool though He has a building that is all finished on the inside with cedar it is awesome Don't know all the details about the stones or etc. I'll try to get some more photos up He has an argali that looks prehistoric it is so big.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom