Grandpas First Buck

LYMAN

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-14 AT 02:58PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-14 AT 02:55?PM (MST)

9292big_deer.jpg

So my grandpa Joe Lyman of Blanding Utah shot this buck in 1955 I believe... It was his first buck ever and won the ziniks sporting goods contest that year. Its rack hung in the store in Utah for years until it closed down. We now are in search of this beautiful buck and his antlers. Very little is known about it. We do know that at one point in its history it was called the Marie Duvalle buck. And is in an old orange edition of Utahs biggest bucks undr Joe Lyman. If anyone has any info or leads on this it would be awesome. can call or text 435-459-1732 with info also.

When I saw the title I was expecting to see some old scoot kneelin over a fork horn with a big ol grin! Hope u find it lyman. Good luck!

Lyman, buck worth finding.One idea if you haven't already done so, do an Internet search on the Marie Duvall Buck get all the info you can and a contact number if possible and ask about your granddad's buck. Also try and contact the author of Utah's Biggest Bucks and Bulls tihis deer appeared in and ask him/her what info they may have when they did the story for publishing. Lastly, try and locare the last owner of Zink's and ask where the rack may have gone to.

Just some thoughts.

Good luck and hope you find it.

check out the private col. that's where a lot of the biggest bucks end up,,, Cabelas ect.

I did a Google search of "Marie Duvalle buck". Didn't find the buck but it seems like there's a few Marie Duvalles that have other ambitions, besides deer hunting.

Question: Did Zininks own these heads, after they gave the vehicle to the winner? If so, finding the buck my not do anything more provide more pictures and a close up look at it.

Does anyone know how in Zinicks when out of business, was it sold or did it go into bankruptcy, etc.? If you could find out more about the "end of Zinicks", you might be able to find more information on what happened to the deer heads that were on display there.

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom