Gravedigger broadhead

ruthunter

Fixed and mechanical in one broadhead.Check out the video!
http://youtu.be/UzzAcUScVsc
www.nolimitarchery.com

9939gravedigger4.jpg

Looks like they will cut a wicked hole but how will they hold up to hitting a rib bone or some other solid part, especially at an angle? The long alum body seems like it would bend easy. Are extra blades available? Is it possible to get 1 or 2 to test?

The overall length of the broadhead is 1" 3/4 and angle shots into bones have not been an issue. I killed my bull last year at 62 yds and he went 30 yds and piled up. I havent noticed any problem with them bending. Your really getting the best of both worlds in one broadhead..

How are u getting the best of both worlds. One of the biggest plus on mech is no exposed blades for tuning and wind planing. Just another gimmick and I doubt it will get to far. Looks cool though.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-12 AT 02:57PM (MST)[p]>How are u getting the best
>of both worlds. One of
>the biggest plus on mech
>is no exposed blades for
>tuning and wind planing. Just
>another gimmick and I doubt
>it will get to far.
> Looks cool though.

How do you figure its a gimmick? Have you tried them to come to that conclusion? I have personally shot them and they fly just like a field point. Killed my bull last year at 62 yds and he piled up 30 yards away from where i shot him. A properly tuned bow can shoot any broadhead.

You are very correct! Almost..... Any TUNED bow can shoot ALMOST any broadhead... Some broadheads are junk! That why I shoot wac'em or slick trick 4-blades!!! Just screw em on and shoot em!!! They group with my fieldpoints all the way to 80yds. And make two nice holes in everything I've hit!!

I think I will keep it simple and deadly....

You are adding swinging blades to a fixed blade head. Take off the swinging blades and it's a typical broadhead. Take off the fixed head and you got a typical mechanical head. Add them together and u got a gimmick. No point to it in my opinion. Like I said you take away some of best reasons to shoot a mechanical head when you add the fixed blades. Just my thoughts.

Just watched the video. Nice shot. Hit it in the throat at 10 yards. 2 inches from missing. Video didn't do much to promote the head

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-12 AT 04:36PM (MST)[p]>Just watched the video. Nice shot.
>Hit it in the throat
>at 10 yards. 2 inches
>from missing. Video didn't
>do much to promote the
>head
If you were to watch the video much closer you would have noticed that the hole in the neck is actually the exit not the entrance hole.

Could be. Didnt look that quartering away. Would have to be very quartering to exit there.

Did u and your brother design the head or why u guys so offended by my opinion. That's all it is is my opinion. I hope that it sells like hot cakes for whoever made it. I just think it's pointless. There was a reason for a one cam bow and it made sense. That's why everyone did it. Do u think that all the big name broadhead companies haven't thought of this design. If they thought it was a good idea they would have done it. Pretty sure there us one similar called the buck blaster or something like that.

>Did u and your brother design
>the head or why u
>guys so offended by my
>opinion. That's
>all it is is my
>opinion. I hope that it
>sells like hot cakes for
>whoever made it. I just
>think it's pointless.
>There was a reason for
>a one cam bow and
>it made sense. That's why
>everyone did it. Do u
>think that all the big
>name broadhead companies haven't thought
>of this design. If they
>thought it was a good
>idea they would have done
>it. Pretty sure there us
>one similar called the buck
>blaster or something like that.
>
I am not offended at all, I like to hear what everyone has to say. I am just having a good time, no hard feelings!

Ok Ok I changed my opinion on this head. After putting my hands on it i think it would be a good head to try out. It looked longer in the pic but its pretty compact. Seems like it would hold up to some abuse. Met Dale, the guy who came up with the idea and he is a great guy. Good shooting with you guys. Hope to try one out on my archery ibex tag i draw this year (fingers crossed)......

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom