Gray Fox Becomes a Hound Guy

H

HoundDawg

I promised I wouldn't ever tell this story, and I was sworn to secrecy but the gloves have now come off and I'm forced to go public with this tale.

As most of you know, up until recently the Gray Fox has been a sworn, dyed in the wool Leopard cur man. We've been patient with him and tried to help him along. Kind of like your buddy that still believes in the Big Bang theory, or that neighbor of yours that still believes the world is flat. You kind of just humor them along.

Well, recently Gray called me and said, "I've decided I need to buy some hounds and I'm on my way up to look at some dogs. Figure out which ones you might sell because I'm not going home without a hound."

So he shows up at my house with his checkbook and I tell him to head on down to the kennel and start looking.

As I come off the hill, I notice the Gray Fox has honed in on my lead dog Sam and is giving him a real close look. As the Gray Fox bent over to check out his feet, he let out a big 'ol fluff.

Or as my kids would say, he tooted, he bogged, he farted. He stood up a bit embarrassed and said, "How much do you want for this Sam dog?"

I told him, "Gray, I think you'd better look at some other dogs. You farted just looking at Sam, so I guarantee you that you're gonna shitt when you see his price!!" ;-)

"The scenery never changes unless you're the lead dog"
Translation: The scenery never changes unless you're a bluetick.

-Dawg

I guess the cat is finally out of the bag. As much as I hate to admit it, it's true that I really admire that Sam dog. It's his owner you have to watch out for, especially when he and Jos? are hanging together, if you get my drift. Of course you have to realize that what makes Ol' Sam such a nice dog is the fact that he is really 3/4 Leopard Cur. Of course, the Dawg had to chosse the least Leopard looking dog out of the litter, so people would continue to donate when he stands on the the corner holding that ridiculous cardboard sign that reads: "Homeless, and Hungry, How about a handout?" I think the sign should be changed to: I Love Cuervo! How about a six-pack?" If he had a Leopard Cur, nobody would believe he was down on his luck. So the Dawg settled for the best he could, under the circumstances, a dog that was mostly good Leopard Cur stock, but looked like a Utah County Bluetick!

I even must agree that the scenery changes for Blueticks occasionally, like when one is in the back of a Power Stroke headed for Shiprock or Gallup.

However, there is one thing about this tale that gives it away and that is...NOBODY, I mean NOBODY ever stood behind the Gray Fox when he was passing gas and lived to tell about it! }>

"The scenery never changes, unless you are the lead dog."

OK, that was a classic line about Nobody ever standing behind you and living to tell... Damn, that was funny!!!

But I think if I'm not mistaken Sam is part Kemmer Cur. Which is about the same thing as a leopard right?

Blackmouth, Kemmer, Leopard... all the same aren't they?

;-) heh heh heh...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom