Great camera deal

archerycrazy

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-12 AT 07:30PM (MST)[p]I thought I'd share what I have found to be a solid little camera at a fantastic price. It was made especially for Amazon (you won't find it anywhere else) by Panasonic, and it is a bargain IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC...nction/dp/B005TGKX9S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

This Panasonic Lumix camera with a Leica lens is a steal at $130. These cameras were on "special" during the holidays for $149, but they are on sale now for even lower. I have owned several DSLR's, a number of point and shoots, and bridge cameras. While this little thing will never replace my DSLR and bag full of lenses, it is the perfect camera to have with me everywhere I go, and much lighter when hunting or backpacking. It's 16X optical zoom makes it capable of reaching out to photograph wildlife, if needed. The video is great and includes stereo sound, as well as the capability of zooming while filming.

In the past months I have bought and returned other cameras similar to this one(except they cost more than double the price) because their image quality was so poor. This one has truly surprised me, and image quality is outstanding for a point and shoot...with full manual controls, nonetheless. Of course, it will never measure up to images from the large DSLR sensors, but it is a nice little tool for what it does. If I could change one thing it would be to add the capability to shoot RAW. I may end up buying a couple more just for backups.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share my experience with what I believe to be a fine camera at a bargain price.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom