Great danes

justr_86

Long Time Member
Anybody else have one or 2? My brindle Male isn't the healthiest (bad breeding, not enough research on my part.) I brought home a new pup hoping he will learn some traits from my older dog. Gonna be a sad day coming fairly soon.

8908820190126195009.jpg

61182snapchat682688778.jpg

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Tank (brindle) has been a great dog. Easy puppy. Great with kids and other animals, protective when he needed to be and nice when he needed to be. Very easy to train and extremely loyal. He weighs more than my kids and they all can walk him on a leash and he listens to them.

Kyle (blue) seems to be coming along well and a great personality with a little more fire than tank. Already listens ok. Ya he insists he needs to be on my lap and that's only going to last another week or 2. both of his parents weigh more than tank so he's going to be bigger.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>Anybody else have one or 2?
>My brindle Male isn't the
>healthiest (bad breeding, not enough
>research on my part.) I
>brought home a new pup
>hoping he will learn some
>traits from my older dog.
>Gonna be a sad day
>coming fairly soon.
>
>
8908820190126195009.jpg

>
>
61182snapchat682688778.jpg

>
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

They are known as the heart break breed due to their lovely disposition and short life spans. Cool dogs though. Any of the big breeds become overly complicated with back yard breeders just adding to their genetic problems.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Don't have a great dane but my hundred pound mastiff thinks she owns the joint. It's hard to find bed space at times between her and the 6 year old that seems to think daddy's bed is the place to be...

I would have one but having such a short life span is a deal breaker. The other day I saw an article on longest living dog breeds. I was glad to see my Boykin Spaniel is on the list.

Hopefully I can get to 10 years with this pup. Health certificates, and also learning more about how to better take care of them.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

They are great pets and also keep unwanted guests away while we are gone.
We lost our last adult dane, Daisy at 13 years old last summer (our second dane). I bought my a wife a beautiful blue little girl a couple weeks later, much like yours pictured... a "band aide" pup. At 9 weeks old her little heart ruptured and she died instanty.
Wife has sworn off great danes after that experience.
Awesome family members IMO.

Never had a big dog like that but they look pretty friendly, I've always had fox terriers, my last one was a little over 19 years old .

The funniest part about having large breed dogs is ppl. They will avoid the big loud mastiff at all cost. But she'll just lick you to death. It's the quiet little 40 lb setter that will eat your lunch....

Into Rottweilers personally, but enough can't be said about finding a reputable and knowledgeable breeder, no matter the dog. Went the hobby breeder route once. Never again. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom