Greys River area fishing?

F

Flatlandr

Any good fishing in Deer areas 144 / 145? I believe I will most likely be in the southern half of these areas and hoping to have some time after the Deer hunt to wet a line. What is available to catch and what should I be throwin to catch them? Probably only going to bring a lightweight spinning reel.

I generally start out with a black Panther Martin and fish that downstream. I come back upstream with a silver rooster tail. I havfen't fished that particular river but those are my go to starting lures. It would take a fellow flatlander from wisconsin to help you on this. n Those out west folks can't seem to fish without a flyrod.
Driftersifter

+1 on the Panther Martin only I like the one with the yellow body and red dots for the Greys.

By the way I don't own a fly rod.
and I believe that I someone preaches catch and release they should have to hunt with Paintball guns.

Lots of Cutts in the Grey and the feeder streams to the Greys. If you are in the south end, you could go for the Cutt Slam! I haven't caught any monsters, but have only fished it twice. Lots of 10-12 inch fish though, and yes I was dry-fly fishing.

Worms,Grasshoppers and Hellgrammite's my boys...that's all you need...I'm no catch and release man neither...

I'm not much of a fisherman and I don't fish up there even though it is close, but a good portion is artificial bait only. If you've a fly rod, try a gold bead headed hairs ear nymph. If you don't have a fly rod, try it anyway behind a clear float. Copper johns are a good choice too. A strike indicator is great for us novices. As stated above, panther martins and other small spoons for the spinning gear.

Fly fishing, terrestrials are also good. As thick as the hoppers are these days, you know they are used to chomping down on those...

Gotta love fishing the Greys!

IMG_1252.jpg

CastingtheLimePMXontheGreys.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

That a beauty AZBuckSnort! What part of the greys were you on? From the looks of it I would guess north of Spring Creek?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom