Grey's river

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-09 AT 05:40AM (MST)[p]The area has alot of rough country and is better fit for a horse pack in hunt .Tough area to hike in.

If you're talking rifle and mule deer, 20 years ago you could actually hunt it, have fun, and have a good chance at a solid deer. I have not hunted it in 5 years now, but my personal opinion is it's been messed up with too much press and false hopes of the good old days. Twenty or thirty trucks with trailers at most trailheads and the high basins are a zoo. People camping right in them, trash left behind, and guys emptying their rifles at small 22" deer from sometimes a half mile away. Having said that, there are still a handful of good deer, but I would stay away from the big basins and concentrate on small, remote slides and the timber below the basins. It's sad to see what has happened to that beautiful country. There are better places to hunt big deer i.m.o.

Amen solitude. I'd say go elsewhere. The Grey's is way overhyped, not near what it used to be or could be.

Still like that Grayback Ridge, that's got some wild stuff on it still. Follow the Griz track, you'll be sure to find the Elk.

Rump

If you do go try to avoid opening weekend and go a couple weeks later, youll have a much better hunt.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom