Guess who Called?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Off the wall, my old Boss from the summers of 70, 71, 72, and 1973 called me this evening. He, Gary Creedon, is a Hay hauler deluxe, he drove the semi and pull trailer and i followed him around in the Boom truck. Back then, there were no squeezes, we loaded every of the 424 bales on the truck by him booming them to me and my hand stacking.

Anyway, i haven't heard from him in almost 40 years. We caught up a bit, really nice to hear from him.

Who has called you lately that you never would have expected?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LMAO!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

My neighbor called this morning to ask if our guest had stolen her newspaper. He's from Mississippi and he was not real happy, actually mad doesn't describe it quite right, and she learned some new Mississippi words and things when he went and confronted her husband and her. In the end she learned not to accuse a huge redneck of stealing a 50 cent newspaper. The redneck is pretty wealthy so he doesn't have to steal newspapers anymore.

The IRS....Aparently my my certificate from getordainedonline.com is not authentic proof of my holiness.

Sage if your missin those hay haulin days , I can surely put you to work . I just got done hand stackin 20 tons in a couple of different barns , and I think my fun meter is pegged .

A got a call from Rugburn the other day wanting his air crompressor back that he gave me . I should have never answered the phone .

Foundation, not missing those days one bit. I got paid $3.00 hr for our usual 12-14 hour days and was never ever in better shape but those days are long gone.

Good on you that you are still doing it!

Gary reminded me of the time that i pressed a alfalfa bale over my head and then heaved it up to him on top of the stack. He didn't get a hook in it so it came back down on me. Somehow, i ended up running one of my hay hooks right thru my hand and out the other side. He had to pull the hook out but i never quit the day or went to the doc and was there the next morning. That's when i got the raise to $3.00 hr he said. :)

Joey

Sage

I thought you were going to say travis3006 called you and invited you over for dinner!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Overton, Cracked me up. I'd be ticked off too!

Tikka, No, no phone calls from young Rosco.LMAO

Come on guys! It's game time, who called you lately out of the blue??

Joey

If PUNK would answer his damn phone & leave Ms PUNK alone for a few minutes he could'of Replied on this Thread!:D

8505hank.jpg

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

sage, done the same thing back in the late 70's but we got paid alot more than you did sending hay to cal. must have paid better. them were the good old days

cacklercrazy, Thanks!! Yeah, he was laughing the whole time that we talked on the phone. I understand that his business really took off not much after i left, guess he has quite a few trucks and stuff now. Back then, it was just him and i, no squeeze trucks. We still laughed a lot but it was by hand on and by hand off, on to the next load, so there was lots of hard work mixed in. Delivering to Dairys was usually pretty good work...at least there was a place for our deliverys. Some places were super tiny yet they wanted it all "up in there". lol

As far as the pay, i came off Grandpa's ranch where there was no pay for a similar hard days work. Being i was the only employee, i had nothing to compare my wages with what others were making and i didn't know any other pro haulers. I do know that i had plenty of money saved up by the time school and football was ready to start back up and i bought my own books and school clothes, paid for my dates, gas, car insurance, and always seemed to have money left over.

As a side note, Gary and i rolled up to a long 6 bale wide stack one day and a Uretta Brothers rig was already loading. Gary offered me a extra days pay if we could load and get the ropes on before those guys, 3 of them. We got busy, Gary swinging them bales to me faster than you can believe and me grabbing them and stacking all in one motion...i got that extra days pay and Gary was one happy dude!!

Joey

Damn sage!

You were a real Show-Off in your younger day!:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Hell Bessy, i get a chance, i still am!! Everybody wants to be good at what they do. When i first started plumbing, the called me the human backhoe. My boss asked guys why would he need a backhoe when he had me. I loved it!

They say, hard work never hurt anybody. Not sure of that now. At 58, i feel not so good at times and i do know that those days are far behind me.

Joey

Joey, Dont know Gary but I see his trucks running down the road all the time here in the valley.... being an ex cattle hauler I always pay attention to passing hay trucks...cattle trucks...etc. I have an uncle who was recently contacted by a guy who used to work for my grandfather....have'nt heard from him in 20 years.....I guess they been fishin 2-3 times a week for the last month. Funny thing this life is.

Neat story Hardway, Thanks!!

I dug up an old buddy's number on line and called him a couple years ago. We had not talked or seen each other since our 21st birthdays when we tore up uptown Livermore in celebration. We were born on the same day, same year, same town. He was the fullback and i was the middle linebacker on our undefeated 9-0 high school football team. We both got selected to play in the Oakland Coliseum for a all-star game our Senior years. After that, he moved to Nashville and signed a song writing-recording contract and i did what i did.

After all these years, he's still in Nashville and we're now keeping in touch with e-mails and the occasional phone calls. Nice!!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom