Gun Ban :) DemoRats

Them DFC's!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Why? Can't pass? And I'm sure I'll never shed the label here, but those that know me would definitely not blanket label me as a liberal. I piss off way to many liberals for that. I actually think for myself, which means I don't align very well with any political or social ideology.

> As most liberals would be,
>Wyosam. I'm not ok with
>it.

Wyosam so you are for it! I hate to tell you there is another part that goes with that banning of private sales that the Democrats like to tack on to the law.
That would be not allowing you to pass down your firearms to your children or grandchildren without going though a FFL dealer and paying the fees.
Does not matter if you know your child is not a felon and can legally own a firearm.

RELH

Great. I think every gun transfer needs to be subject to a background check. I also think we need a system in place that gets guns away from people when they would no longer pass a background check, which probably means universal registration. Just in the interest of saving time, I'm also a big fan of the ban of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds that's being kicked around, too. Don't care if they make it 5, to be honest. Surprised that hasn't made an appearance here yet. Just to be perfectly clear, I don't believe (remember, we're all allowed to think for ourselves, most just don't) that getting rid of the rambo bullshit is any threat to my sporting arms. I'm absolutely sure that the vast majority of people on this site will label me as libtard communist braindead idiot for my opinions, and I don't give a #####.

>Wyosam so you are for it!
>I hate to tell you
>there is another part that
>goes with that banning of
>private sales that the Democrats
>like to tack on to
>the law.
> That would be
>not allowing you to pass
>down your firearms to your
>children or grandchildren without going
>though a FFL dealer and
>paying the fees.
> Does not matter
>if you know your child
>is not a felon and
>can legally own a firearm.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-19 AT 11:54AM (MST)[p]I'm part of that vast majority. Nnow go back HIDING under your rock.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-19 AT 11:54AM (MST)[p]Wow. I will give credit where credit due for the attempted proper use of your- that is rare around here.

>Know go back underbyour rock.
>

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-19 AT 12:26PM (MST)[p]Yes and no. By far the most important use of arms to me personally is hunting, with recreation and protection following behind. Rambo ##### is not synonymous with recreational shooting. Plenty of people, including myself, enjoy shooting for recreation with a variety of firearms, none of which require the use of large magazines or other tactical gear.

As much as it pains many people to think, not every gun enthusiast is anti gun control, and not every liberal/democrat/independent is pro gun control. I know people that are otherwise as liberal thinking as they come, but proud members of the NRA. Not aligning well with either party means prioritizing personal values in the voting booth. What is really funny, is that both sides demonize those in the middle who don't align with a party's entire platform. For all the people I piss off here, there are people on the other side that I interact with in different settings just as pissed for some of my other views.

>I think I understand what you
>mean Wyosam. To you
>guns are more important for
>sporting and less for recreation.
>

Why? I don't have any dreams of fighting off an advancing army with an AR. Don't have any desire to start firing rifle rounds around my neighborhood against an intruder. If I was particularly worried about home protection, it would still be a short but legal length pump shotgun, as it was when that was something I worried about. If I had a need or desire to carry for protection, I'm fine with any and all background checks, and don't mind if they enact a 10 round magazine limitation.

>And definately not for protection.

I don't label you anything..You are a shooter and am glad you are and can respect your opinion on what you believe should and shouldn't be allowed(10 or more rounds)but if we do not unite completely the Democratic administration will never stop and only gain traction on their(Washington D.C. IDEA) OF GUN CONTROL......And you know exactly what Im talking about....NM just elected a new Dem governor and land commissioner and the very first thing they do is propose legislation to ban legal coyote hunting on public land ,trapping on public land, passed legislation for late term abortion and now want MORE gun control.....There isn't a back ground check that will stop people from doing bad things period yet the law abiding keep having more and more law shoved our way, yet judges on the other hand are too soft on criminals!!!! I will stop before I get RANT heavy!!!

You handle an argument really well. I wish I could talk to others about this and not have it turn me into a Trump supporter.

What's important to me is to keep our guns from being banned. Regulation is one thing, but banning is another. We are maybe the last country that allows its citizens the freedom to own these types of guns or to hate on them if that's what they feel. That is a freedom I never take for granted.

As far as the Rambo stuff, I own a few, but they're not my favorite of all time. There are uses for them that people don't think about like the 3 gun, service rifle, and other matches that require them. Who am I to say those competitions are wrong or no longer in style. I sometimes hear people argue against Military style weapons. Think about all of our guns or calibers. Most have military roots and even our popular Bolt action rifles are traced back to military beginnings. Our service men always wanted to have what they used in combat so this idea of owning military weapons being a recent idea is bogus. We always had a taste for a 308, 30-06, 223 etc. I know a lot of people that own the Garand, M14, 03 Springfield, Mausers, etc. All were considered military before.

Haha, yeah that is probably safe to say in most political discussions on the internet! In real life I find that people don't tend to fall as neatly along party lines, and it is less of an issue (and I'm good at choosing who I talk politics with). My hippy friends think I'm a redneck hunting nut, my redneck friends think I'm a liberal hippy.

>So, what you're saying is that
>you can be difficult to
>get along with?

All valid points. While I do support magazine size restrictions, I definitely don't fall on the "ban the AR" bandwagon. Although to many an AR with a 10 round magazine is probably as bad as a ban. I understand why people who don't understand guns at all feel like an AR ban would help, but I recognize that there are a ton of different rifles out there, many of which don't fit the evil black rifle stereotype, that are functionally identical. I recognize than many people really enjoy shooting the AR and similar (and I probably should refrain from lumping it all into "rambo #####"), but I think keeping them legal with smaller magazines is a reasonable compromise (AHH dirty word!).

I'm a big fan of the military hardware, myself. Probably among my favorite guns I own is the sporterized 03A3 that I started hunting with, and that I carried for decades. Still a great shooter, I've just realized that I don't have to carry so much weight!

One area in gun control that I can see coming, that I believe is more of a threat to sporting arms, is the advance in long range technology. Sure, in the right hands, really long range shots have been made with the .308 and others for years. But sooner or later, people with bad intentions are going to realize how deadly they can be from great distance with out of the box gear, and less work. Some game departments are already starting to ponder some of this stuff from a fair chase standpoint. Sooner or later we are going to have someone start killing people from a mile away, and they are going to be tough to catch- so the weapon will become the target- and that is much more direct line to my hunting rifle- though I don't care to shoot long range and the fanciest scope I own is a fixed 6 power.

>You handle an argument really well.
> I wish I could
>talk to others about this
>and not have it turn
>me into a Trump supporter.
>
>
>What's important to me is to
>keep our guns from being
>banned. Regulation is one
>thing, but banning is another.
> We are maybe the
>last country that allows its
>citizens the freedom to own
>these types of guns or
>to hate on them if
>that's what they feel.
>That is a freedom I
>never take for granted.
>
>As far as the Rambo stuff,
>I own a few, but
>they're not my favorite of
>all time. There are
>uses for them that people
>don't think about like the
>3 gun, service rifle, and
>other matches that require them.
> Who am I to
>say those competitions are wrong
>or no longer in style.
> I sometimes hear people
>argue against Military style weapons.
> Think about all of
>our guns or calibers.
>Most have military roots and
>even our popular Bolt action
>rifles are traced back to
>military beginnings. Our service
>men always wanted to have
>what they used in combat
>so this idea of owning
>military weapons being a recent
>idea is bogus. We
>always had a taste for
>a 308, 30-06, 223 etc.
> I know a lot
>of people that own the
>Garand, M14, 03 Springfield, Mausers,
>etc. All were considered
>military before.

>All valid points. While I do
>support magazine size restrictions, I
>definitely don't fall on the
>"ban the AR" bandwagon. Although
>to many an AR with
>a 10 round magazine is
>probably as bad as a
>ban. I understand why people
>who don't understand guns at
>all feel like an AR
>ban would help, but I
>recognize that there are a
>ton of different rifles out
>there, many of which don't
>fit the evil black rifle
>stereotype, that are functionally identical.
>I recognize than many people
>really enjoy shooting the AR
>and similar (and I probably
>should refrain from lumping it
>all into "rambo #####"), but
>I think keeping them legal
>with smaller magazines is a
>reasonable compromise (AHH dirty word!).
>
>
>I'm a big fan of the
>military hardware, myself. Probably among
>my favorite guns I own
>is the sporterized 03A3 that
>I started hunting with, and
>that I carried for decades.
>Still a great shooter, I've
>just realized that I don't
>have to carry so much
>weight!
>
>One area in gun control that
>I can see coming, that
>I believe is more of
>a threat to sporting arms,
>is the advance in long
>range technology. Sure, in the
>right hands, really long range
>shots have been made with
>the .308 and others for
>years. But sooner or later,
>people with bad intentions are
>going to realize how deadly
>they can be from great
>distance with out of the
>box gear, and less work.
>Some game departments are already
>starting to ponder some of
>this stuff from a fair
>chase standpoint. Sooner or later
>we are going to have
>someone start killing people from
>a mile away, and they
>are going to be tough
>to catch- so the weapon
>will become the target- and
>that is much more direct
>line to my hunting rifle-
>though I don't care to
>shoot long range and the
>fanciest scope I own is
>a fixed 6 power.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>You handle an argument really well.
>> I wish I could
>>talk to others about this
>>and not have it turn
>>me into a Trump supporter.
>>
>>
>>What's important to me is to
>>keep our guns from being
>>banned. Regulation is one
>>thing, but banning is another.
>> We are maybe the
>>last country that allows its
>>citizens the freedom to own
>>these types of guns or
>>to hate on them if
>>that's what they feel.
>>That is a freedom I
>>never take for granted.
>>
>>As far as the Rambo stuff,
>>I own a few, but
>>they're not my favorite of
>>all time. There are
>>uses for them that people
>>don't think about like the
>>3 gun, service rifle, and
>>other matches that require them.
>> Who am I to
>>say those competitions are wrong
>>or no longer in style.
>> I sometimes hear people
>>argue against Military style weapons.
>> Think about all of
>>our guns or calibers.
>>Most have military roots and
>>even our popular Bolt action
>>rifles are traced back to
>>military beginnings. Our service
>>men always wanted to have
>>what they used in combat
>>so this idea of owning
>>military weapons being a recent
>>idea is bogus. We
>>always had a taste for
>>a 308, 30-06, 223 etc.
>> I know a lot
>>of people that own the
>>Garand, M14, 03 Springfield, Mausers,
>>etc. All were considered
>>military before.

Mind your own business, your a slippery little sh#t .

Wysam is too ignorant to figure out that the anti gun Democrats have no intention of stopping at the Rambo guns. Here in CA. they passed a law that included semi auto hunting rifles as assault rifles to be banned. Included in that ban was the browning BAR, Remington 740.
Under pressure from hunters here, Gov. Gray Davis changed signing the bill until the description that included those hunting rifles were removed from the bill.

I do not own any of the black rifles, in fact I do not care for the Mattel toy gun as I call then, but I respect the right of law abiding citizens to own them. Wyosam is lacking in plain old common sense if he thinks the anti gunners in the Democrat party will stop at banning assault weapons.

RELH

https://www.businessinsider.com/ap-trump-administration-moves-to-ban-bump-stocks-2018-12

So is there a slippery slope or isn't there? Your beloved Trump banned some people's "freedom" with an Executive Order.

Why is that you believe only democrats are to blame for things and let this one slide?

I don't want or need a bump stock but why is okay to draw the line there?

Or is just the brain washing that the NRA has done to you that makes you a sheeple for them?

Nemont

Background checks are kind of cool, I suppose. Let's do it. But practically every convicted felon not in prison has a gun, and when they are caught they get a little more prison time plus probation. BFD. But if it makes you sleep better at night and makes you feel like you accomplished something, well good. Same thing goes for the 10 round magazine.

Nemont your extreme TDS is allowing you to way overreach. Bump stocks and semi auto rifles are apples and oranges. We have since 1938 treated full auto weapons different from other firearms. Bump stocks should be in with full auto weapons with the same restrictions.
You need to see a mental health provider for your TDS. I am sure you have a insurance policy that will cover the expenses of getting mental help.

RELH

What exactly is my business then? You made 50% on use of ?your?, good work.

>
>
> Mind your
>own business, your a slippery
>little sh#t .

I see so gun components that were legal all 8 years of the Obama administration were illegal the whole time but instead of enforcing the law, President Trump decided to use an EO to ban said components and that is just fine with Trump's Dumbest Stooge? Which is what TDS really stands for.

I don't need anything in regards to mental health, my mind is clear and my vision is 20/20. You are a liar and sold you soul to the NRA and your brain to Trump.

If there was a law against Bump Stocks then enforce the law, don't create new law in order to confiscate private property via an imperial order from King Trump. Used to be conservative hated the imperial commands of any president who thought he was king. I guess that went away after Nov. of 2016

Nemont

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom