Gun owners are obviously racists

Well then, I see the author is employing his amendment 1 while I enjoy my amendment 2!!! Interesting opinion.

While there might be something to it, I've never been to the South except for flying to Florida and boarding a ship for a cruise.

Zeke

Hmm- seems like folks have all sorts of reasons to take advantage of their constitutional right to bear arms. Adding self-protection along with "pest control" and hunting seems just fine. Heck, I know a few folks who actually enjoy shooting too!

Pretty sure that last one is rooted in video games, or possibly a deep-seated hatred of paper targets. We may need the authors to investigate that one.

Well, Mr. NICK BUTTRICK has a great imagination, probably with a PhD to go along with it. How can we connect gun ownership to racism? The same way they connect global climate change to racism. This calls for gun social justice the same as climate justice. I feel sooo enlightened now. Thank you, Nick Buttrick.

Well, Mr. NICK BUTTRICK has a great imagination, probably with a PhD to go along with it. How can we connect gun ownership to racism? The same way they connect global climate change to racism. This calls for gun social justice the same as climate justice. I feel sooo enlightened now. Thank you, Nick Buttrick.

I will never know, don't have the patience to read the Op-Ed.

My father, grandfather, great grandfather and great great grandfather never owned slaves.

My great great grandfather, (1817-1902) never owned any guns, ever, that the family is aware of.

My great grandfather owned a firearm to protect against attacks by unhappy Americans in San Pete County. My grandfather owned a rifle to control predators in Alberta, Canada, my father owned a rifle and a shotgun to shoot predators, vermin and upland game for fun and food. I own rifles and handguns for hunting big game, vermin and a shoot gun for upland game, also, different from my father and grandfather, but like my great father, I now also own fire arms to protect my self and my wife from unhappy Americans.

So….. as a people, we’ve come full circle. My white father and white grandfather never felt threatened by unhappy Americans or Canadians, so their guns were not purchased or owned for protection because they never had the least bit of concern for their personal or family safety but, both my great grandfather and myself do feel threaten, and we have both responded to the threat by owning guns. How is it my father and grandfather are not racists and my great grandfather and I are? Or maybe unhappy Americans are the stimulating factor for the purchase and ownership without regard for nationality or the color of their skin……and has nothing what ever to do with racism? I am personally just as concerned about my safety from white, black, brown, and yellow, without any one race more than another.

So how does that make me or my great great grandfather racist?

Asking for a confused friend……..

My father, grandfather, great grandfather and great great grandfather never owned slaves.

My great great grandfather, (1817-1902) never owned any guns, ever, that the family is aware of.

My great grandfather owned a firearm to protect against attacks by unhappy Americans in San Pete County. My grandfather owned a rifle to control predators in Alberta, Canada, my father owned a rifle and a shotgun to shoot predators, vermin and upland game for fun and food. I own rifles and handguns for hunting big game, vermin and a shoot gun for upland game, also, different from my father and grandfather, but like my great father, I now also own fire arms to protect my self and my wife from unhappy Americans.

So….. as a people, we’ve come full circle. My white father and white grandfather never felt threatened by unhappy Americans or Canadians, so their guns were not purchased or owned for protection because they never had the least bit of concern for their personal or family safety but, both my great grandfather and myself do feel threaten, and we have both responded to the threat by owning guns. How is it my father and grandfather are not racists and my great grandfather and I are? Or maybe unhappy Americans are the stimulating factor for the purchase and ownership without regard for nationality or the color of their skin……and has nothing what ever to do with racism? I am personally just as concerned about my safety from white, black, brown, and yellow, without any one race more than another.

So how does that make me or my great great grandfather racist?

Asking for a confused friend……..
As someone of color I can assure you that you’re racist. The gun ownership is beside the fact.

It doesn’t make you a bad person cracker.

I'm kinda surprised that Musk hasn't purchased the Oxford dictionary yet. Could correctly define racism and save us all lots of problems.

Oh yeah, I forgot- no money in that!

As someone of color I can assure you that you’re racist. The gun ownership is beside the fact.

It doesn’t make you a bad person cracker.
The article was about gun owner ship. My question was why does my ownership make me a racist? Sorry……… I confused you……..

Cor
I'm kinda surprised that Musk hasn't purchased the Oxford dictionary yet. Could correctly define racism and save us all lots of problems.

Oh yeah, I forgot- no money in that!
Rect definition of racism? Here, let me try. PATTERN RECOGNITION. Thats all it is. Acceptance of reality

As someone of color I can assure you that you’re racist.

I have hit a logical conundrum with the terminology, "person of color".

I have been informed that calling a person "colored" is now racist terminology. However if I call them "persons of color" I am not using racist terminology. However I am pretty sure using that terminology is calling their ancestors "colored" which would seem more offensive.

Is it now acceptable to call people who have had children "colored" as long as we make sure the children are called "persons of color"?

I'm pretty sure that 90% of gun owners in Chicago own guns to protect themselves from Black people, so I guess there is an underlying element of racism in there somewhere.

I'm pretty sure that 90% of gun owners in Chicago own guns to protect themselves from Black people, so I guess there is an underlying element of racism in there somewhere.
How's that Eel? %80 of the gun owners in Chicago are black people protecting themselves from black people.

You spelled BUTTLICK wrong.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom