gunbarrel fire

I live near it, and it is really bad today. Lots of wind. It is so smokey in town. We will need some heavy weather to knock this one down.

From the forest service pictures it looks like there is a lot of dead timber from beetles up in there. That and a big blow of wind would be pretty bad. Here is hoping you all get a frog drowneder of a rain to at least get some control over the thing! Good luck up there.

WOW I guess you got smoke! I just looked at the air quality camera over near Buffalo, up in the Cloud Peak area. The Bighorn Mts. look like the smoky mountains in the southeastern US.

Here is a link for all of the air quality cameras in WY. There are other cameras around the state if you search a little they pop right up but most are in town and don't have temp, wind, and other info. There are also road cameras and pavement sensors through the WY DOT site

http://www.wyvisnet.com/all.html

THe smoke has been bad for weeks. I live 70 miles south east and we have had nights when it was like fog, but was smnoke. Hopefully the rain today knocked it down or out!

I just looked on the inter agency site and it is saying 70% contained at around 63,000 acres. Sure looks like you all got some rain.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom