Gunsmith Recommendations ????

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I need to find a good gunsmith. Somewhere between Salt Lake City and Ogden preferably. Can any of you recommend someone?
Thanks!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Brad at Cross Canyon in West Haven has done a great job for us. He knows his stuff!

CSO

It's all about the good times...

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

I 2nd Brad Stair!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Founder,
Some recommendations need be based on what work is to be done.
You don't want the same guy doing everything....usually.
I don't have a great stock guy do my barrels! Etc. I hope you see what I'm talking about.
Let me be more clear. What do you want done?
Zeke

Bryner Gun Shop
749 W 24th St
Ogden, UT 84401
(801) 392-6855

I've used him for barrel work and finishing, never wood, on hunting rifles.
Franz is a cranky, older German (or maybe Austrian), but his work is excellent.
If you are doing anything out of the ordinary, he may fuss at you, but don't let his attitude fool you. He does amazing work.

Well, I wanted someone to look at the barrel with a barrel scope and then clean it, or give me an idea as to whether I had fouling going on.

I ended up taking it up to Cross Canyon. He looked into the barrel with the scope and said nothing was all that bad. I had him adjust the trigger and lighten it up.

I guess I just need to find my own load that I like. I've just had trouble getting good groups with factory. Thought my gun might need extra good cleaning.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

>Bryner Gun Shop
>749 W 24th St
>Ogden, UT 84401
>(801) 392-6855
>
>I've used him for barrel work
>and finishing, never wood, on
>hunting rifles.
>Franz is a cranky, older German
>(or maybe Austrian), but his
>work is excellent.
>If you are doing anything out
>of the ordinary, he may
>fuss at you, but don't
>let his attitude fool you.
> He does amazing work.
>

Franz really is a cranky old bast... I like him!!!!

Zeke

>Lock Stock and Barrel in Cottonwood
>hieghts has always been good
>to me.

Unfortunately Guy Mulberg Passed away last summer. He was a really good gunsmith.

Brian
What kind a of gun are you trying to get to shoot tighter groups ? How tight of groups are you expecting ? Inch and a half groups out of a stock factory type rifle maybe all you can get. But you can keep working on loads and see what you can get. I have a Browning A bolt that will touch bullet holes. If not go back and see Brad, he will set you up. ;-)

Brian
A simple bedding job and free float can do wonders. Its very easy to bed a rifle or have it done professionally.

Ray Federico

Nightowl's Gunsmithiing
2298 West Zion Drive (5130 South)
Taylorsville, Utah. 84118
801-964-6846

Been a few years since Ray work on my gun. Great service, reasonable pricing.

Hey Brian. The best thing I ever did was have a rifle built by Rogers Rifles Shop in West Valley City. Roger builds rifles for law enforcement agencies across the country. He does amazing work at a very fair price. His number is 801-250-0698. If you already have a Remington action that will save you some. If not he can take care of you. If ya have any questions or nedd anything else shoot me a PM.

This is more than what you want but worth the look up, just to see different things that can be done. The detail is second to none. Longriflesinc.com

Went shooting today with a buddy who loaded me 3 different options and the 180 gr. Barnes bullets flew great. I might be getting it taken care of. The trigger adjustment that Cross Canyon did feels much better.

Thanks for all the info guys!!!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Well!

Don't get it shootin so Straight you kill the last couple that's left!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Did the founder just say he liked Barnes bullets ? I guess we will have to hear all the Berger guys chime in. ;-)

>Did the founder just say he
>liked Barnes bullets ? I
>guess we will have to
>hear all the Berger guys
>chime in. ;-)

Chime is about what they (boogers) are good for!
They ring gongs well. I'll give them that!

Where's one_dry? He'll want to defend his fragile bullet choice! haha

Zeke

I'll be shooting 300 grain berger elite hunting bullets out of my .338 lapua this year. I'm not too worried about putting something down with them.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom