H.R. 127 Gun Bill

huntFX4

Ok all, this may not be the correct forum for this but, really it does belong because this crazy bill will affect us all. We all have to make it well known to the politicians that this thing cannot be allowed to pass. It's just outrageous enough that it may not have a chance, but we can't let up. The Dems own all 3 branches for the next 19 or so months and are already doing some outrageous stuff, so who knows

HR 127, introduced by Texas Rep Sheila Jackson, who, by the way, said on live TV that an AR15 weighs as much as 10 boxes when moving, and shoots 50 caliber bullets.
Just a few bullets on it.
Atty Gen develops with the ATFE, a program in which all gun owners, present and future, will have 3 months to register and license their guns.
You must list every weapon type with serial # and date of purchase.
You must then go through a psychological evaluation with a psychiatrist approved by the Atty Gen. Imagine where that leads. You will be evaluated, all members of your family in the home, your ex-spouse and so on. See where this is going to go?
You must purchase insurance if approved for the license.
You must go through this whole process every year for a period, then every 3-5.
If you have a weapon they deem an "assault weapon" you must pay an $800 license fee every year.
You must go through 24 hours of weapons training.

That's a summary of the requirements.

Don't follow the rules. Get caught with a gun without a license and get convicted, it's a mandatory $75,000 to $150,000 fine AND 15 to 25 years in prison.
So to put that into perspective, you are out hunting deer or elk and the game warden stops you. They ask for your gun license and you don't have it. You get arrested and, if convicted, your life is ruined with a mandatory fine and prison time worse than someone who drives drunk and kills someone, or maybe even worse than a drug dealer or a molester.

There are many more things in there that are punishable by severe means as well.

Guys and Gals, again we all have to get on this now and get with everyone you know. Get with the congressmen/women your area and senators and push them hard not to allow this to happen.

Every state should also be pushed to start a bill as Alabama and a few others have already started, to make the states, gun sanctuary states.

This would be no different than having to do a psych evaluation to keep voting rights based on how you voted.

This couldn't be any more unconstitutional than it already is.

Ok all, this may not be the correct forum for this but, really it does belong because this crazy bill will affect us all. We all have to make it well known to the politicians that this thing cannot be allowed to pass. It's just outrageous enough that it may not have a chance, but we can't let up. The Dems own all 3 branches for the next 19 or so months and are already doing some outrageous stuff, so who knows

HR 127, introduced by Texas Rep Sheila Jackson, who, by the way, said on live TV that an AR15 weighs as much as 10 boxes when moving, and shoots 50 caliber bullets.
Just a few bullets on it.
Atty Gen develops with the ATFE, a program in which all gun owners, present and future, will have 3 months to register and license their guns.
You must list every weapon type with serial # and date of purchase.
You must then go through a psychological evaluation with a psychiatrist approved by the Atty Gen. Imagine where that leads. You will be evaluated, all members of your family in the home, your ex-spouse and so on. See where this is going to go?
You must purchase insurance if approved for the license.
You must go through this whole process every year for a period, then every 3-5.
If you have a weapon they deem an "assault weapon" you must pay an $800 license fee every year.
You must go through 24 hours of weapons training.

That's a summary of the requirements.

Don't follow the rules. Get caught with a gun without a license and get convicted, it's a mandatory $75,000 to $150,000 fine AND 15 to 25 years in prison.
So to put that into perspective, you are out hunting deer or elk and the game warden stops you. They ask for your gun license and you don't have it. You get arrested and, if convicted, your life is ruined with a mandatory fine and prison time worse than someone who drives drunk and kills someone, or maybe even worse than a drug dealer or a molester.

There are many more things in there that are punishable by severe means as well.

Guys and Gals, again we all have to get on this now and get with everyone you know. Get with the congressmen/women your area and senators and push them hard not to allow this to happen.

Every state should also be pushed to start a bill as Alabama and a few others have already started, to make the states, gun sanctuary states.
They want to do away with prisons as we speak. Where are they going to lock everybody up at?

I'm fine with discussion of the bill, but don't turn the thread into a a political attack thread or it'll be gone. I don't want that here.

There is already a long thread here on this subject. Maybe nobody has been paying attention but Sheila Jackson introduces this bill every year. Yes this year it will gain traction. If the filibuster stays in place in the Senate the damage will be minimal compared to this bill and we may end up with something similar to Clinton's assault weapon ban 1994-2004. Those of you who lived through that know how much standard capacity glock and other pistol mags went for. Imagine the price ten years into a permanent mag ban.

The federal government cannot enforce laws when they are faced with the mass civil disobedience of 50-100 million people. The largest army in the world is China with appx. 2.2 million soldiers. Granted U.S. civilians only have small arms but there are more guns in civilian hands now than the entire U.S. population. Roughly 350 million. The only thing the government could realistically do is to pick us off one by one when we are ratted out by the grandchildren of the nazi sympathizers that turned in jews to the gestapo. Yep those people are still out there.
People just need to be smart and plan ahead accordingly. We are not the bad guys. Owning firearms for the protection of family, freedom and property is exactly what the founding fathers intended when they wrote the protection of these rights into the 2nd ammendment of the constitution. Even more so, the framers of our constitution expect us to and demand that we excercise these rights for the health and security of this country. King George taught them some lessons which were learned at a very high price.

I remember back in the early 90's when there was talk of conspiracy theories that some people in the federal government wanted to disarm us, we were called paranoid tin-foil hat wearers. WELL JUST BECAUSE I'M PARANOID DOESN'T MEAN I'M WRONG!

And the fact that there are still people even on this site that think AR's and similar firearms have no place in our society just because they don't need one for hunting is ridiculous.:rolleyes:

There is already a long thread here on this subject. Maybe nobody has been paying attention but Sheila Jackson introduces this bill every year.

One would think a little thing called the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 would even keep something this from ever becoming a reality.

There is already a long thread here on this subject. Maybe nobody has been paying attention but Sheila Jackson introduces this bill every year. Yes this year it will gain traction. If the filibuster stays in place in the Senate the damage will be minimal compared to this bill and we may end up with something similar to Clinton's assault weapon ban 1994-2004. Those of you who lived through that know how much standard capacity glock and other pistol mags went for. Imagine the price ten years into a permanent mag ban.

The federal government cannot enforce laws when they are faced with the mass civil disobedience of 50-100 million people. The largest army in the world is China with appx. 2.2 million soldiers. Granted U.S. civilians only have small arms but there are more guns in civilian hands now than the entire U.S. population. Roughly 350 million. The only thing the government could realistically do is to pick us off one by one when we are ratted out by the grandchildren of the nazi sympathizers that turned in jews to the gestapo. Yep those people are still out there.
People just need to be smart and plan ahead accordingly. We are not the bad guys. Owning firearms for the protection of family, freedom and property is exactly what the founding fathers intended when they wrote the protection of these rights into the 2nd ammendment of the constitution. Even more so, the framers of our constitution expect us to and demand that we excercise these rights for the health and security of this country. King George taught them some lessons which were learned at a very high price.

I remember back in the early 90's when there was talk of conspiracy theories that some people in the federal government wanted to disarm us, we were called paranoid tin-foil hat wearers. WELL JUST BECAUSE I'M PARANOID DOESN'T MEAN I'M WRONG!

And the fact that there are still people even on this site that think AR's and similar firearms have no place in our society just because they don't need one for hunting is ridiculous.:rolleyes:
Dead on Deadiob!

Here's what I posted on the other thread. I think it is applicable to this one as well! In all seriousness, it is a very radical bill. But you never know what parts of it may come forward in another bill. Write your reps in the house and senate. I do, not just on second amendment items, but others as well.

For the record, I do not own any guns. :) Nor do I have any ammo. :) :) All my taxidermy work was purchased at estate sales because I wanted to make a man cave.

But for those of you that do, get involved by writing your congresspeople (note the correct non-gender designation for our reps. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )

Find Your Representative | house.gov

www.house.gov
www.house.gov
https://www.senate.gov/ (there's a dropdown menu at the top left to find your senator)

Can we get it so that drivers of vehicles have a psych test?
How many people do we kill in this country with autos?
Just saying is all.
I know a guy who says that there is no such thing as an accident. He could not be more wrong.

According to his logic, any auto accident is a direct effect of gross negligence of any and all drivers involved. His logic dictates that you should be able to foresee the future well enough in advance to prevent all accidents.

This would have prevented the 100 car pile up that recently happened in the Dallas area. Would that mean that someone should not be able to own a car because they MAY be in a hurry one day and MAY cause an accident so they are not psycologically stable enough to drive?

Bologna.

I know a guy who says that there is no such thing as an accident. He could not be more wrong.

According to his logic, any auto accident is a direct effect of gross negligence of any and all drivers involved. His logic dictates that you should be able to foresee the future well enough in advance to prevent all accidents.

This would have prevented the 100 car pile up that recently happened in the Dallas area. Would that mean that someone should not be able to own a car because they MAY be in a hurry one day and MAY cause an accident so they are not psycologically stable enough to drive?

Bologna.
I also say there is no such thing as an accident THERE ARE ONLY
INCIDENTS and I say it a lot, especially when it comes to firearm incidents. Your reply to this is completely wrong. A 100 car pile up would be negligence on all drivers involved. That negligence could involve many factors including driving too fast for conditions, following other cars too closely, driving in conditions that a driver has no experience or training or even just getting behind the wheel when conditions are bad. Like Clint said "ya gotta know your limitations". How many of those drivers had proper tires for those conditions, also preventable and therefore not an accident. Every one of those reasons were preventable and therefore not accidental.

If a driver may be in a hurry one day which is the example you used then their method of driving to get somewhere on time that day absolutely increases the odds of a wreck. Had any of those drivers involved in the pile-up you mentioned simply said it isn't worth the risk, I'll stay home from work today instead of going out because I don't know how to drive in the snow and neither do most of the clowns around here.

I moved to Salt Lake my Senior Year in High School and my Uncle would always say don't drive in the first snowstorm of the year because people are idiots and they forget how to drive in the snow. Well every year when there's the first big snowstorm there are many pile-ups and crashes. The choice of not being on the road that day prevents what you seem to think is an unpreventable "accident".

You picked one of the worst examples possible to make your point and yes there are many idiots that shouldn't be behind a while and psychological stability is only one of those reasons. That alone could prevent many road rage shootings.

An accident is the outcome of an event, unplanned, and with unfavorable results. An incident is used to "cushion" the explanation of the accident.

By the guy's logic, there are no such thing as incidents either...

Bologna.

Wouldn't surprise me if every driver in that Texas pileup was ticketed for driving too fast for conditions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom