Habitat Stamp

G

gundog

I purchased a deer license and habitat stamp for my son. They sent the license a week ago, but I don't see the stamp. Do they send the stamps seperately? Seems like they make things more difficult than needed.

It is strange and it does make it hard. Your son will need a Habitat Improvment stamp. If he is over 18, he will also need the Habitat Management Access Stamp (HMAS) They won't actually be stamps if you bought it over the internet or through the mail, there will be a validation on the license. Look for the validation somewhere on the license. I can't remember but I think it will say Habitat Improvement or HI somewhere near the top of the license.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-08 AT 05:29PM (MST)[p]After re-reading your post, are you saying that you bought the deer license and habitat stamp on-line and you got the deer but not the habitat? If thats the case I would call them on Monday and ask. I have never ordered the NM licenses over their internet service today.
If you are talking about you got him a deer tag in the draw and recieved that, but not a habitat stamp then you will need to go to a local vendor to buy that.

Jeff

Don't know how they do it through mail, but usually the evidence I have are the two boxes checked off when I purchase a license to either fish or hunt. Only need to do it once per year, but it also means I have to drag my turkey permit along on each successive fishing or hunting excursion.

Yep, got mine online the other day. They charge a few extra bucks, but worth it.

Thanks for replies. It looks like the added the "Habitat" validation to the license--I didn't notice it at first. My son is 13, so I guess he doesn't need the other stamp.

Oldjake, You need the wildlife management and access valadation stamp $4.00 Most of my Oryx hunters don't know they need it so I always buy a few and keep them in my truck so we don't have a show stopper at the gate. Walmart is Socorro and Alamogordo both have a sporting goods counter so you can get it before your hunt. Good Luck

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom