Hand calls

Lien2

Very Active Member
I am looking to get a new coyote call. Can anyone recommend a good one?
Sceery, Lohman, Knight and Hale, Primo's???
Thanks in advance.

Lien2

I hunted with a guy last year used a mouse squeker. Had it dangling off his rifle. Never saw so many coyotes in my life.

handcalls? is that like for deaf coyotes? what kinda signal do ya make for a squeelin' jackrabbit? oh wait, you meant a call you hold in your hand. sorry.

Go to www.PredatorMasters.com and get yourself a custom call from one of the many call makers. You well not be disapointed. Let me know what one you get. There is a realy nice black cow horn tip open reed call on there right now for 35.00 shipped from I think "songdog" Hope this helps.

Tony

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-05 AT 10:14PM (MST)[p]Any open reed call will work. The Primos open reed elk call (I dont' remember what it's called) makes a pretty good distress call.

i've used/owned every make and type of call i think ever invented. still do better with a circe magnum with jackrabbit reeds than anything else. i think lohman makes circes now. also use whatever diaphram elk call i happen to have too. especially for a howler. works better than any o' the little plastic funnels with a reed in em. also makes a real good quail, turkey, woodpecker, wounded jack, etc., call. main thing in calling is to make a sound that is interesting to the animal, park your truck where they can't see it, and be still.

I personaly use a tally ho or a critrcall.
Thats all you need in my book.
A sqeaker can work great with those call wise coyotes or to move them in to shooting postion.But wind can affect them big time.
Also don't be afraid to howl before you start to rabbit call.

COYOTEMASTER.......

Any of the Primos/Randy Anderson calls are good. I personally like the "Lil' Dog" and the "Ki-Yi". They both work well, but my favorite call of all is the "Tally-Ho". The "Tally-Ho" has worked the best for me. I also use a mouse squeeker to lure those yotes that just hang out there, and need a little something extra to bring them in.

SCOTT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom