handguns while hunting

S

SirRocco

Does anybody know that if you have a conceal to carry permit can you still carry a handgun while you are hunting deer or elk?? If you can, let's say that you filled your tag, and you want to do some scouting for next year due to the fact that I live in another state, can you still carry a handgun during an open firearm season even though you would be just scouting and not hunting, and not have to worry about getting a ticket???

I talked to a game warden about this last year. I wanted to see if I could carry my 357 revolver during archery season. He said it's legal cause we have the right to bear arms. The one thing he did say if you didn't have a conceal permit it had to be visiable. You might get questioned carring one during a hunting season with no license but it's still your right too. I carry one when ever I'm in the woods hunting or not.

I carry my 357 while trout fishing and scouting.This is legal as long as it is visable,I do not have a CCW.

CO no longer recognizes nonresident licenses so unless your CCW is a resident permit from a state that is reciprocal you are not allowed CC there. Check www.handgunlaw.us/

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-08 AT 08:05AM (MST)[p]??? As far as CO reciprocity?? No . The best thing is to use the handgun law site and get a link to CO public safety or DNR and go from there. I don't know Jack about CA law or recip. Just never looked at it so I'm uneducated on it. Sorry. "Professional courtesy" tends to give a fella some "wiggle room" at times. That's as helpful as I unfortunately get :-(

I DONT UNDERSTAND MR SIRROCCO WHY WOULD YOU STILL CARRY A GUN AFTER YOU FILLED YOUR TAG ARE YOU ONE OF THEM GUYS WHO CHEATS THE SYSTEM AND SHOOTS MORE ANIMALS THEN YOU SHOULD BE OR JUST SCARED TO WALK AROUND IN THE MTNS AND SCARED THAT SOMETHING MIGHT ATTACK YOU I PERSONALLY JUST CARRY A KNIFE ON MY SIDE THAT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH THE ODDS ARE YOU ARENT GONNA GET ATTACKED BY ANYTHING IT HAPPENED TO ME ONE TIME AND I FOUGHT A MOUNTAIN LION OFF WITH MY KNIFE ON MY SIDE SO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO PM ME

Maybe you feel safe with a knife on your side,but I am going to have my 357 anytime I am hikeing or fishing in a wilderness situation.I am not going to fight off an attack if I can prevent the attack!

I worked to help reform the CC laws here in OH to include while hunting. Here was one of my reasons. I bowhunted while this nut was out and about.

http://origin-www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/dillon/1.html

Then there was the guy in PA that tried to wipe out an entire hunt party because they caught him trespassing. I don't have a link on that one but it should google. It was only a few years ago.

Then there is the reason as old as this country! The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!!

I asked cololado wildlife if I could carry a pistol while muzzleloading. There answer was, you do have a right to defend yourself, but you can't use it to even finish off your animal (during muzzleloader season). They also said without a cc permit it must be visible not just the end sticking from under your coat. I always carry a knife too but hey it's just a knife.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom