Harbor Freight ?

ForkWest

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-07-15 AT 04:10PM (MST)[p]So Bess is thrilled with his new optics purchase.

How have ya'll fared with Harbor Freight tools?

I'm no contractor or career mechancic, though I built my own house (minus drywall) and always do my own auto reparis up to complete overhauls.

I'm guessing 80% of my tools are HF. I've burned up a circular saw cutting concrete. Dropped and broke a roofing gun from 30ft up and spun a few sockets. Other than that, no complaints. I mean it's cheap stuff, but it's worked for me.

What's been your experience?

CHEAP but will work for the moment if need be....there so called tarps are good for one season but not out a lot of money either.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Great place to buy tools that you will only use occasionally, or maybe even once. Their hand tools seem to be better than their "power" tools lol.

2a0fcsk.gif

I've bought 10 or 12 power tools and a bunch of "non" tool stuff like tape, straps, sand paper, etc.

I'd say I'm about 80% ok - 20% junk on the tools, for small, light endurance jobs, where I'm not heating the tool up for extended periods, their stuff is okay. But some of it has been just absolutely worthless junk, that never worked from the get go.

I'll still buy from HB, if I can get by with less precision, less durability, for less cost, if my task can tolerate HB's level of quality.

For tools that I need for heavy use, over a long period of time, never, be it a crow bar or a heavy duty power drill stand.

DC

I Lose & Abuse a lot of Tools!

HF has some CRV Sockets & Screwdrivers that are about as tough as My Ingersoll Rand Sockets!

The Screwdrivers don't cost much & when some JACK-TARS Steals one or you Lose one you ain't out nothing!

Ya,Some stuff is JUNK!

I've got a Black & Pecker 14" Metal Chop Saw!

A Friend Bought a HF 14" Metal Chop Saw!

I'm tellin you!

Don't know who exactly builds them but the Parts interchange!

Did China Copy the Black & Decker?

Or does one company build both Saws & Slap different names on them?

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

I have put a bag over my head and gone in and bought a few things over the years. I bought a 1" X 30" Belt Sander that I use for sanding wood and sharpening knives (with after market sanding belts). It's light duty but works just fine.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I was using one of HF 9.99 1/2" Drive sockets sets once!
(((You know,the 40 piece set for 9.99!:D)))

Thought I was turning the Bolt out!

But Actually just twisting the Extension up in a knot!:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

I walked in one day and bought an air compressor. returned it the next day along with a line of people returning that junk. I will stick to klein and dewalt tools

Cheap tools, But their sockets are cheap enough that your employee's can lose them every couple of weeks and it don't hurt as much as a good craftman tool does.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

"But Actually just twisting the Extension up in a knot!"

Hate that when that happens. ;-)

I got a few things from HF. At my age, i don't really need tools to last a lifetime.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom