Hard Horn?

Amen, Last weekend we had a lot of bulls bugling. It kind of gave me hope for my hunt.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

>Amen, Last weekend we
>had a lot of bulls
>bugling. It kind of gave
>me hope for my hunt.
>
>alpinebowman

You didn't have a single bull bugling any where! There are just too many morons out there who start with that crap even in early July.

Until I see raw video and audio together on your camera, I'm calling BS. Some of the bulls even have a week or so to grow still. That's my story from all the way out here in Cali where I'm visiting my first grand kid and I'm sticking to it :)

I think someone is just a little excited and like me hears things in their sleep when they have a tag in their pocket :)

Cheers,
Pete

I agree, where in Cal.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I fly aeromedical. I have personally seen a few bulls this week that are hard horned. Or should I say hard antlered? They are the bigger bulls. The smaller rag horns are still in velvet. From what I can see in just passing the rag horns have not even started to rub. This was north of strawberry. BTW we are not allowed to turn around and circle and get a (better) look at the elk.

I'm with Alpine on the bulls talking. Last night I had 3 bulls going crazy.. All of which were rubbed and ready to rock.

>>Amen, Last weekend we
>>had a lot of bulls
>>bugling. It kind of gave
>>me hope for my hunt.
>>
>>alpinebowman
>
>You didn't have a single bull
>bugling any where! There
>are just too many morons
>out there who start with
>that crap even in early
>July.
>
>Until I see raw video and
>audio together on your camera,
>I'm calling BS. Some
>of the bulls even have
>a week or so to
>grow still. That's my
>story from all the way
>out here in Cali where
>I'm visiting my first grand
>kid and I'm sticking to
>it :)
>
>I think someone is just a
>little excited and like me
>hears things in their sleep
>when they have a tag
>in their pocket :)
>
>Cheers,
>Pete

While I agree there are too many dip chits with a hoochie mama and a primos bulge out there all year long. You couldn't be more wrong about bulls talking year round. I've seen both cows and bulls bugling in the middle of the summer. You think bulls only talk to each other for roughly a month of the year and then go mute???

Traditional >>>------->

Was out on the horses scouting for elk 2 days ago and heard a few bulls bugling. Couple were quite vocal....

one season I heard a guy up the street calling in August, when I was in the backyard practicing.
Sure bulls bugle year around, just as cows call and calves meow But they usually aren't going CRAZY. I'm sure that there is some bull hard horned already and a lot that aren't. But to think the rut will starting 3 weeks early is wishful thinking NOT saying it wouldn't start early. You could see some action around the end of the month but it will be little here and little there.

Everyone who has a elk tag start praying for cold nights and cooler morning and the rut will get here sooner then later.

Good luck to all who have tags.

I watched a little fuzzy horned spike bugle his head off this morning. He reminded me of a fuzzy faced teenage boy checking out his muscles in the mirror!
The rut will start when the ladies strut their stuff and the big boys get wind of it.

>>I think someone is just a
>>little excited and like me
>>hears things in their sleep
>>when they have a tag
>>in their pocket :)
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Pete

>You
>think bulls only talk to
>each other for roughly a
>month of the year and
>then go mute???
>
>Traditional >>>------->

Sorry Horse Creek. I was just razzing Ken because he's the one with the tag this year.

Still think he's just hearing things in the woods, as I know I hear them all year too, just can't every prove it :)

Cheers,
Pete

60,000 Stick Flippers Spewin their HOOCHIES a month earlier than they should be!

Then Hunters wonder why some Bulls are so Call Shy?

GEEZUS!

I see the Big Camps on Strawberry/Wasatch starting to show!

Can somebody Please Film the Circus for me?

8078cougar.jpg

I am sure everyone of those "60,000 Stick Flippers" would love to not be hunting elk in the middle of August. But we all know the rifle hunters would cry fowl that it isn't fair for the "stick flippers" to hunt the rut.

"Take out more than you brought in!

I stick flip, ML, and rifle so who should I cry to.
Hell if they had a hatchet season, I would try it too.

Over the last 2 days here in southern utah I've seen 11 branch antlered bulls and 7 of them were hard horned or in the process of rubbing.

>Over the last 2 days here
>in southern utah I've seen
>11 branch antlered bulls and
>7 of them were hard
>horned or in the process
>of rubbing.

Eastern Idaho, I seen 1 completely rubbed and 3 in the process and they were up high. Out if 20 bulls

I've got trail cam picts of numerous smaller raghorn bulls that have been hard horned and shed their velvet a week ago. Got one pict of a raghorn mounting a cow too.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-13 AT 11:48AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-13 AT 11:47?AM (MST)

SpikeMountCow.jpg

July 20th...Either, junior is trying to figure out how his dad does it or somethings on the up and out. And yes, the dates on my trail cam are correct. I have numerous pics of cows being mounted already, why so early?

I'm also noticing 5-10 cows hanging out with 1 larger bull already with his nose up their rear pipe waiting for the floral fantasy to awaken.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom