Hart Mtn. Sheep

cabuck

Drew a Cali. Bighorn tag in this unit. Scouting July 4th weekend and the first week of Aug. Any help from fellow sheep hunters would be great. This hunt will complete my slam. Thanks

When you stop by the refuge headquarters to check in ask to look at he the sheep skulls they have there.That will give you a good idea as to what your looking for. Post on the sheep forum as well. It shoulnt be too tough to get a good ram. JB

Don,

You lucky bugger, I thought my sheldon antelope tag was a tough draw. Let me know if you have any questions as I can get you in touch with the right people.

Rich

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-10 AT 10:00AM (MST)[p]Lots of fun. Rattle snakes WILL be out. You'll figure it out pretty quickly. Take the best optics you can get your hands on. Glassing will be probably be in the miles. You can do most of it from the main road. Steep sucker getting up to them. Should be a great year. Good luck.

HK

Almost forgot. If it hasn't dried up and is still wet you will meet the Prehistoric Mosquitos of Hart Mtn. They don't suck your blood they siphon it and there a gooooooooobbbbbbbbsssss of them. Should be okay in Aug...not sure about July 4thish.

Call the store in Plush or stop by, there is a local rancher/guide who lives in Adel, the store owner at plush has his contact info. Anyways, he'd be a good guy to get in touch with.

Back
Top Bottom