SOLD Hatfield S30V knife for sale.

RELH

Long Time Member
Price: $240.00 plus $15.00 for shipping. S30V stainless steel drop point hunter. Heat treated to 60RC for great sharp edge retention. Ram's horn handle knife scales. 8-1/2 inch total length with 3-1/2 inch blade. Custom leather sheath included. If interested contact me via my email address: [email protected]
Payment is by check or money order. Will hold knife until your personal check clears bank.
RELH
000_0935.JPG
000_0939.JPG

CPM S90V has elements that does not make it the best all around knife steel for the average hunter. S30V is hard enough for most hunters to take more time to re-sharpen and S90V is even more difficult due to it's higher hardness. That hardness also can make it more brittle and lower it's toughness.
Here is some information I copied for you on CPMS90V from a knives source site.
CPM S90V sacrifices a little of the 20CV corrosion resistance for an even harder blade consisting of much less chromium and a whole lot more vanadium. Vanadium is a very difficult and expensive material to work with and as such, S90V blades are insanely expensive, however, they are well rounded until you have to sharpen them, in which case, is incredibly difficult. S90V is the king of edge holding, though, so despite the fact its time consuming and frustrating to get that perfect edge, once you do, it’ll hang around for a while.

S90V steel has less then 13% chromium and is not considered a stainless steel in the U.S. I consider S30V better in overall performance for the average big game hunter.
Even then I get some complaints on how hard it is sharpen by some hunters who have little experience on sharpening knives.
S30V was made by CPM at the request of several well known knife makers and when it came out, knife experts referred to it as being a "super steel" for knife making.

I have used both, 52100 which Dr. Larrin Thomas recommended to me is currently my favorite to work with. I have some Magna Cut I am starting on, could be fun.

Kansas I sent you a PM with the information you requested. Will hold the knife for you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom