have any of you tried this?

Tsho86

I can't help but ask if any of you have used this mountain mikes reproductions for sheds. I mean come on it's flashing above. If you have used it can you post some pics of the final product or just a brief review. I know this should be in the product section but i think it is suitable for the shed section too.
Thanks,
Travis

I used one of those last year. I was doing a european mount, and in between boils, my dog litterally ate the face off of the deer. I ordered on of the mountain mikes repo's, and really liked it. It was quite easy to do, and looked really nice. The only thing that I seen that could be an issue is when you mount the antlers on it, they seem to be too wide, which isn't always a bad thing. If you really wanted to get the exact width, you would probably have to do some trial and error with the angle you grind on the base of the antlers. Over all I was completely satisfied with it and I am probably going to buy another one to mount a match set of sheds I found last spring.

I used them before and I recommend it, they work great!

HPIM0363.jpg

HPIM0364.jpg

HPIM0365.jpg

HPIM0366.jpg

Mike makes it look really easy in the video, and it is easy but just take your time and be neat and don't get in a hurry if you haven't done one before. With some practice you'll be doing it as easily as Mike.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-09 AT 02:48PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-09 AT 02:43?PM (MST)

Well i tried it out and it turned out ok, i guess. It was my first one i did, so i can't expect much. I didn't have a vice to hold it steady, so it took a little time to get everything lined up. A couple more and i will have it dialed in i think.

4b0ef56e3bc6da51.jpg

Mt. Mikes is a good product! I've mounted two with the molds and they work great. If you have sizing issues, have a dremel tool handy. With the removeable skull cap, beats the heck out of trying to mount on a real skull. Look about are real as can be expected. Just can't wait till the elk skulls come out.

Yeah i also think that this is a really good product for a do it yourself kind of guy. I think you get just as good results this way compared to taking it to get done. Plus it is pretty fun to do i think.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom