HAVE YOU NOTICED???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
You Get to Looking & Most Gun Retailers Don't Have SQUAT!

Prices up even on Small Hand Guns 400.00+!

Look at their 'OUT OF STOCK' Compared to their 'IN STOCK' Numbers!

I'm Warning You!

If Things Don't Start Changing You Won't Be Buying The Gun Nor the Ammo!

Even the Big Gun Sellers are about Wiped Out!

And Just Try getting them to Knock .10 Off!:D

Their TUDE is This:

If You Don't Buy it the Next Guy Will & We Ain't Budging even though We Know We Are SCREWING You!

I Often Wonder How Long Companies Like RUGER will take to get back to Normal?

RUGER Builds Batches of Certain Guns a Batch at a time!

Then they move on to another Batch of certain Guns!

They are Not The Fastest Company at Building Guns!

But They Are QUALITY Guns,I'll Give them that!

I Can't Help But Wonder if CHINA isn't Looking at This?

They'd Love to Sell You Some CHEAP BUILT/TRASHY BUILT/COPY CAT Version that is TOTAL F'N TRASH!

And I'd Bet if they had some way of Doing it there'd be a Bunch of Dumb Americans Buy Their F'N TRASH!

Not Me!

F'em!

Agree 100%
I own a lot of rugers and they have never let me down!!!
That being said I had to buy a savage accutrigger 22 mag last weekend after mine was in my truck that got stolen. And they sold me 2 boxes of shells with it but they didn’t have ANY on the shelf!!!!
$229 so at least I didn’t get ripped of there!!

Here's another Deal!

I Checked with Sportsman's Warehouse for a couple of Guns!

Kid Looks on their Computer!

Yup!

We have Both them Guns!

Then He says:

They are at other Stores though!

I Asked if they Could Transfer them?

NOPE He Says!

COVID Issues Won't Let us do that!

WAFJ!

In My Eyes they are Being LAZY!

That and they Know they'll Sell them no matter which Store they are sitting at!

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!

Here you go!

AACE9A75-2683-4A8D-B59F-78E09F0195B0.png

Ya Coloradoman!

You can't Blame them for that!

To Sell the Gun They gotta have a couple of Boxes of Bullets to go with the Gun!

I Did See a Guy Buy a 9mm Pistol at Sportsmans Warehouse & They Didn't have a Single Bullet to go with it that day!

We've seen a few oif the Gun/Ammo Rages over the Last 20 Years but this one Here is the GRAND-DADDY of them all So Far!

And Yes!

I Know the Next one will be Bigger!

If there's anything to Buy!:D

Agree 100%
I own a lot of rugers and they have never let me down!!!
That being said I had to buy a savage accutrigger 22 mag last weekend after mine was in my truck that got stolen. And they sold me 2 boxes of shells with it but they didn’t have ANY on the shelf!!!!
$229 so at least I didn’t get ripped of there!!

Well?!

You want things to return to normal?!

Stop buying everything you don’t need!

To all you guns and ammo hoarders, how much toilet paper ya’ll got in the shed?!

Hoard-Tards be like:

“Well, dey ain’t gots eny 9mm guns on da shelfs...guess all jest run with da 577/450...now wheres ta go ta git dem ammo’s fer it?”

My son just bought a new" turkey shotgun" from a local gun store. They told him people are buying in reverse kinda...."what ammo do you have...okay...sell me the gun to go with it ". NO 3 1/2" shells in Denver that he could find other than the 10 the shop sold him @ $40 for 10 shells.

Seems the Obama era started this chit and you'd think by now capitalism would have caught up. Large demand with limited supply. Seems like a restricter plate needs removed.

LOL Tail!:D

But You're Right!

We've Got One Local Gun Store Here in NE Utah that Was Ready for this & Seen it Coming!

I'd Bet Before too Long they're gonna have lots of Outa-Town Buyers Showing up to get them Some BLACK GUNS!

Seems the Obama era started this chit and you'd think by now capitalism would have caught up. Large demand with limited supply. Seems like a restricter plate needs removed.

Elkassassin I agree with you this is a agenda that the government has ,they want to control our rights on everything we do, we are heading for a Real **** show !!!!!!!

What critical components for firearms are now under control that makes it hard or nearly impossible for a new manufacturer to get started in the USA or meet demand. Why are there no new companies opening up?

A place I can get ammo through seemed to always have .308 in stock. I’ve never been a .308 fan in the past. I like bigger rounds for myself. My wife really enjoys her 6.5 creedmoor. Due to the factory ammo shortage, powder and primer shortage, I realized I might not be able to find what I need for future hunts with the way things are going, so I decided to do what I could with the supplies I could find. So I went and bought a ruger .308 and as many boxes of factory rounds as I figured I’d need. Should I have planned a little better prior to all this? Yes. But at least now I have more rounds than I’ll ever need for that rifle and won’t have to worry about not being able to find stuff to go hunting with this fall and future ones if needed.

I work for a small machine shop here in Utah. We are at full capacity making gun parts. The gun companies are asking us to add more machines every month. Not easy to do. Making over 1000 units a month still not enough. The parts are for AR,s, bolt action long range and a hand gun. I still can’t believe they are selling them this quick.
You want guns send your kids to your local tech college to learn machining. We don’t have a large pool of people to choose from.
Everyone that makes gun parts are hesitant to invest in more equipment when Biden mentions gun control.

I work for a small machine shop here in Utah. We are at full capacity making gun parts. The gun companies are asking us to add more machines every month. Not easy to do. Making over 1000 units a month still not enough. The parts are for AR,s, bolt action long range and a hand gun. I still can’t believe they are selling them this quick.
You want guns send your kids to your local tech college to learn machining. We don’t have a large pool of people to choose from.
Everyone that makes gun parts are hesitant to invest in more equipment when Biden mentions gun control.
There will always be a demand for gun parts, even if the guns are banned.

I make toilet paper for a living. I have enough for a few years! :D :D

And for the record, I don't own any guns or ammo. All my taxidermy work was purchased at estate sales! :D:D
You sir are a hero. #notallheroeswearcapes

As a small biz owner, I can guarantee you no CEO is deliberately witholding production capacity.

No, this is a hoarder problem, ie, our own damn fault.

These companies are maxing out existing production capacity but are unwilling to add capacity just to serve the hoarders- they've seen this (transient)cycle before and COVID has only.exacerbated the problem.

I got Barnes bullets production schedule last week in the hopes of jumping on some needed components and the employee I was talking to told me they've sold.more.bullets if the last 6months than any two-year period in company history. They deliver 50cases to midway and they're gone in 30 seconds. This isn't usable demand, it's hoarding and you can't build a new plant on the hope the hoarding will be permanent.

So what do you do? You pay. Market price is artificially high due to artificial scarcity, ie hoarders speculating on their hoards. Actual getting prices aren't going to come down to MSRP until the hoarding stops.

Case in point: I bought 5k Fed 210 primers off gunbroker last week and had to pay double.MSRP.

But what's the alternative? Nothing. They haven't been available at retail.for 3 years now and aren't going to magically appear on shelves next month.

They've not been all used up though, not at all.

They're out there in hoarder stockpiles for scalping on the secondary market

I was in Sportsmans in Carson City on Friday looking for something else. There happened to be a line going to the gun counter area, where they had caution tape and a rack with the most popular ammo, powder and primers.

I managed a brick of CCI 200 primers and a brick of 500 22 lr for 39.99 each. I also bought some AR PMAGS a few days prior and a couple more on Friday plus a couple 1022 mags.

You could tell the hoarders, and you could tell the guys who just needed supplies. There was a limit behind the counter of 3 total items, including either one bulk pack ammo or 2 of 50 or less. Limits of 2 magazines per type.

Pretty weird, but it seemed to be working. The prices on the ammo, powder and primers was certainly inflated over when I last bought primers several years ago, but everything else has inflated as well.

I am in a little less of a panic regarding my supply of stuff I use regularly now, but will still keep my eye open.

Case in point: I bought 5k Fed 210 primers off gunbroker last week and had to pay double.MSRP.

But what's the alternative? Nothing. They haven't been available at retail.for 3 years now and aren't going to magically appear on shelves next month.

Especially when folks are buying 5k at a time.

Especially when folks are buying 5k at a time.
Hardly.

1) for a family of five, 5K primers is only a little over a years supply and

2). There are over 80,000 F210 primer currently for sale on gunbroker at this moment. My purchase didn't make a dent in available supply.

Which was my original point, all this stuff is there and available for purchase, the market has just switched from MSRP to hoarder capitalism

You Only Had To Pay Double?

That'd be a Bargain on GUNBROKER!

I've seen alot of stuff 300%-500% Mark Up!

And People Pay It!

I struggle with "hoarder".

I bumped my prices this year. I'm betting Bess did too. Why? Because we could.in 09' we took a blood bath. Folks had us over a barell. So, for a minute we get "revenge"?

At some point, hoarders will get stuck with inventory, and will eat some stuff.

I hope the manufacturers make some coin, because the party on power seems hell bent on punishing them. They may need the cushion

Hey Hossy!

Just Wondering When We Can Start GOUGING & Have People Pay us them kinda Prices without Bittcching?

The Time My Product goes through 4-5 Middlemen any Profits are about Gone!

We Shoulda Invested in AMMO Hossy!

UtahLefty, You only paid double MSRP on gunbroker? lol! More like 10x the price. Until people like you quit paying that the prices won't be coming down any time soon.

UtahLefty, You only paid double MSRP on gunbroker? lol! More like 10x the price. Until people like you quit paying that the prices won't be coming down any time soon.
I waited three years, which is how long my current supply lasted. And I don't remember a time --any time--in the last ten years that I could look up what I wanted on midway and just buy it.

I don't hoard or.resell but I'm also not.going to just sit here and not hunt/shoot on some.sort.of anti-capitalist principle either.

I'm not.aware of any other sport that so routinely self sabotages to the degree we do but it is what it is.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom