Haystack Mountian

J

Jackjr

Looking into hunting idaho for mule deer this year for the first time. I have a friend that hunted a unit quite a few years back about where washington oregon and idaho come together. He cant remember the unit but he said the spot was called haystack mountian. Anyone have a idea which unit this might be?

Don't know about the area where Idaho, Washington, and Oregon meet, but there is a haystack mountain just south of Pocatello.

Have hunted Haystack in Bannock County down by McCammon-too close to Poky and Soda and gets pounded real hard.

Haystack Mt northwest of Salmon is rough, and a long way back. Need horses and the wolves have proven to be the downfall of good elk hunting there. I won't go back without a wolf tag!

I think you are refering to the one up in Idaho County, back by the Elk City area. Seems like it is in the Lochsa/Selway units of 16/17. That would be my only guess.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom