HE instructor removed

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
Hunter safety instructor removed after ordering 'liberals' from class​

By RANDY KREHBIEL
Tulsa World Staff Writer
3/6/2009

Thirteen-year-old Lane Dunkley just wanted to go hunting with his grandfather.

What he got was a lecture on politics.

Dunkley and his father Daniel Reddy, who live in Tulsa, went to Broken Arrow Tuesday night for a hunter safety course normally required to get an Oklahoma hunting license.

The class was a reward of sorts. Dunkley, who wants to go hunting with his aging grandfather, was told he could only if he brought his grades up.

So he did - to a B-plus average.

But when father and son arrived at the lesson, the volunteer instructor, Kell Wolf, asked if any of the students voted for President Obama.

Reddy, a transplanted Californian - and ex-Marine - raised his hand.

According to Reddy and others in the room, Wolf called Obama ?the next thing to the Anti-Christ? and ordered Reddy and Dunkley from the room. When Reddy refused, Wolf said he would not teach ?liberals? and would cancel the course if Reddy didn't leave.

So Reddy and Dunkley left, as did a few others.

Lance Meek, hunter education coordinator for the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, said Wolf had been a volunteer instructor for ?a long time, probably 15 years or more? and ?from what we've heard and observed, had always done a great job. He worked with the kids really well.?

But when Meek received a call Wednesday morning - from someone other than the Reddys - he said he had no choice.

?I got the call at 8:30, and by 9 o?clock (Wolf) was no
longer a volunteer for us," Meek said.

Contacted Friday, Wolf had no comment on the matter. Meek said when he talked briefly to Wolf on Wednesday, Wolf did not deny ordering Reddy from the class or offer an explanation.

Stacy Reddy, Daniel Reddy?s wife and Lane Dunkley?s mother, said the family was surprised by how quickly the Wildlife Department acted.

?Lance Meek called and apologized up and down and wanted to know what they could do to make it right,? she said. ?The only thing we really wanted was for my son to be able to take the hunter safety course, and there wasn?t another one in the Tulsa area with an opening for the rest of 2009.?

So Meek arranged for a private class.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

As much as I detest Obama and think that citizens who voted for him were a bunch of fools, I feel what that instructor did was so un-american that he deserved to be removed as fast as they did.
I am glad that the action was swift, and that 13 year old boy was allowed to have a private lesson so he could hunt with his Grandfather. Thanks for posting.

RELH

RELH......well, afterall, it was Oklahoma!

I would have got my grandson and every kid in that class, a free LE tag before I let the State off for hiring that Jerk!

Somehow I think that the state did not know that bonehead instructor would pull a stunk like that when they hired him.

They contacted the ones who left and made ammends for his actions. A far better outcome then you normally can expect from public officials.

RELH

I don't condone the instructors attitude, he was a volunteer and not a state employee though. Any instructor or teacher should not be pushing his political views on his class and students.

This kind of stuff happens in classrooms around our country everyday, but I don't hear much complaining about it. Of course in the classroom it is mainly against a conservative voice.

This was a strictly bonehead move by this instructor. I would have told him to sit his butt down and teach the class - that it was none of his damn business who I voted for or how I felt about it and if he didn't like it then he could contact his Senator about it. Crap like this makes my blood boil! I am glad the State offered to teach the kid a private class. What the hell does this guy thinks freedom means? That question should never have even been asked! What a crock of crap! I teach class everyday to a bunch of liberals and associate with them as my colleagues too! I can't pick and chose who I teach! Hell I play basketball every Wednesday morning with a bunch of Texas State Senators who are all liberals and Democrats - and I don't kick them off the court either! Good lord what an idiot.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I sure hope you know how to box out. I would have my elbows sharpened up too.
Driftersifter

>I sure hope you know how
>to box out. I
>would have my elbows sharpened
>up too.
> Driftersifter

Isn't this the exact same attitude of the HE instructor?

I didn't know Texas had any liberals or dems. Weird.

Dang! Roy, This isn't the place to confess your sins!

Why would you go public with the admission that you play basketball....with or without Democrats?

"Better to have wrestled and LOST....than to have EVER played basketball"

LOL..........

"As much as I detest Obama and think that citizens who voted for him were a bunch of fools, I feel what that instructor did was so un-american that he deserved to be removed as fast as they did.
I am glad that the action was swift, and that 13 year old boy was allowed to have a private lesson so he could hunt with his Grandfather."

DITTO

15 years as a volunteer....nothing but Kudos before...although I don't condone his action I see it as an indicator of a deep and building frustration from people who are sickened by watching our country destroyed

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-09 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]>Dang! Roy, This isn't the place
>to confess your sins!
>
>Why would you go public with
>the admission that you play
>basketball....with or without Democrats?
>
>"Better to have wrestled and LOST....than
>to have EVER played basketball"
>
>
>LOL..........

LMFAO Nick! that is exactly how I feel! There just isn't anybody to wrestle with around here and it is good exercise - and the way I play it is more like football anyway! Besides, being able to play basketball is close to being one of the requirements for all Mormons in good standing! Too funny!

And Drifter - yes - I can throw my weight around with the best of them and I usually have the most weight to throw around! I like to run a legal moving screen down the lane too - (never gets called - I am just moving in to position for the rebound, taking everybody in the way with me!) and setting picks is a realy pleasure sometimes! The senators are only here while in session and have kind of joined our regular game. One of them got out of hand and started cussing the other day and I had to regulate a little - said "Come on now - calm down - you can't use that language around here - where do you think this is - the Senate floor?"

Oh and Zigga - come on down to Austin - you'd fit right in!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom